Cat Food Recall Recalled Cat Food Updates

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boo! I was thinking of trying Darwin's with Betty. I know the FDA and USDA can be hard on raw food companies. Rad Cat was murdered by malicious incompetence! But those company responses from Darwin's leave a 💩 taste in my mouth. 😾

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boo! I was thinking of trying Darwin's with Betty. I know the FDA and USDA can be hard on raw food companies. Rad Cat was murdered by malicious incompetence! But those company responses from Darwin's leave a 💩 taste in my mouth. 😾
SO glad you haven't tried that!!!
Yeah, these days, almost everything we, or our loved ones, ingest is a crap shoot, pardon the analogy. Some people thing homemade diets are safer. If they really knew...:disturbed:

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I do make homemade treats, because making treats is relatively easy and generally inexpensive. I started making them for my dog because he goes through a ton, so commercial treats were getting too pricey, then I went in and did them for Friday too.

I wish I could do a homemade diet for both my dog and cat, but I think financially it would be extremely expensive and I'm not particularly confident that I could get them the balance they need.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
I do make homemade treats, because making treats is relatively easy and generally inexpensive. I started making them for my dog because he goes through a ton, so commercial treats were getting too pricey, then I went in and did them for Friday too.

I wish I could do a homemade diet for both my dog and cat, but I think financially it would be extremely expensive and I'm not particularly confident that I could get them the balance they need.
~ In the past I have known people who do this. They use supplements and often give canned food a few times each week. The time to do this is problematic as it must be done several times each week. Some feed a raw diet ...
🥣 🐈

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pet Dietary Supplement Recall: Stratford Care USA, Inc recalls multiple brands of Omega-3 Supplements for cats and dogs (60 soft gels per bottle; Lot 31133 & 30837; Expiry 04/13/23 & 10/26/22, respectively) due to potentially elevated levels of Vitamin A. Please refer to the recall notice for a complete list of affected products, which were distributed throughout the United States in Veterinary Clinics, Distribution Centers, Retail Stores, and Online Market Places such as Amazon and Chewy.

Stratford Care USA, Inc Recalls Omega-3 Supplements for Cats and Dogs Because of Possible Elevated Levels of Vitamin A | FDA

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pet Dietary Supplement Recall: Stratford Care USA, Inc recalls multiple brands of Omega-3 Supplements for cats and dogs (60 soft gels per bottle; Lot 31133 & 30837; Expiry 04/13/23 & 10/26/22, respectively) due to potentially elevated levels of Vitamin A. Please refer to the recall notice for a complete list of affected products, which were distributed throughout the United States in Veterinary Clinics, Distribution Centers, Retail Stores, and Online Market Places such as Amazon and Chewy.

Stratford Care USA, Inc Recalls Omega-3 Supplements for Cats and Dogs Because of Possible Elevated Levels of Vitamin A | FDA
As always, sharing with gratitude!

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, yeah, in principle that sounds great. But our food and drug supplies are NOT 100% safe and haven't been for a long time, if ever. It's said there's a shortage of inspectors. That's just one of the problems.
Another problem is the fact the the usda is in bed with the actual meat/poultry plants

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! Just one reason I will never give raw.my old cat would not have survived if given any
It's a topic of endless convo, but I am in agreement with you. Those who think a raw diet or a homemade diet is safer than a commercially produced/marketed diet are sadly mistaken. But we each have to do what we believe is best for our family, based, hopefully, on the best information available.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a topic of endless convo, but I am in agreement with you. Those who think a raw diet or a homemade diet is safer than a commercially produced/marketed diet are sadly mistaken. But we each have to do what we believe is best for our family, based, hopefully, on the best information available.
Disagree. I have never heard of any cats dying from melamine poisoning etc. from a home made raw or cooked diet. Whereas we have seen numerous tragic instances of cats and dogs dying from commercial petfoods due to things like that. Nothing will ever be completely safe though.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Disagree. I have never heard of any cats dying from melamine poisoning etc. from a home made raw or cooked diet. Whereas we have seen numerous tragic instances of cats and dogs dying from commercial petfoods due to things like that. Nothing will ever be completely safe though.
Yeah. We each have our own ways and information and opinions.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
not a new recall but more details on the Darwin cat food recall.

Sunday Supplement: Darwin’s–a company in denial – eFoodAlert

Among other things note this:

The issues raised in the FDA’s 2022 Warning Letter are serious.
The company’s decision to increase the level of PAA in its products to a concentration significantly beyond the recognized safe level for any application displays a flagrant disregard for the safety of its four-legged consumers.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
not a new recall but more details on the Darwin cat food recall.

Sunday Supplement: Darwin’s–a company in denial – eFoodAlert

Among other things note this:

The issues raised in the FDA’s 2022 Warning Letter are serious.
The company’s decision to increase the level of PAA in its products to a concentration significantly beyond the recognized safe level for any application displays a flagrant disregard for the safety of its four-legged consumers.
Sharing to social, again and always with gratitude. *Don't even get me started.* 😑