REALLY YOUNG KITTENS NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just wanting to add truckloads of vibes for the little kittens. What wonderful help you have received in this thread and I am routing for the kittens to thrive and become healthy. Your doing a wonderful, wonderful job caring for them and thank you for saving them. :hugs: :hugs: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adjecyca

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OKay so here are some updated pictures, i have been struggling with the striped kittens eye issues, i used up the meds and his eyes were cleared up and it came back worse i went to the vet and she told me only to wipe his eyes for now, and after a day or two i realized that wasn't good enough and they were just getting worse, i have him on new eye meds now hoping for the best... They no longer have a lung issue

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They look so great!!

One comment though, you have them outdoors, this is extremely dangerous for them being unvaccinated.

Never allow them down on the grass, which is the worst for harboring viruses and disease.

Panleukopenia is quite prominent on grass (kitty version of puppy parvo and deadly)

It remains in the grass seeds for a very long time, through winter snow and baking sun.

Just wanted to mention in case you were unaware.

The eye med, if they had a few more days to continue their eyes would have been healed, but the tiniest amt of bacteria remaining will quickly reproduce and you end up right back to square one again.

Commonly this happens.

adjecyca

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

They look so great!!

One comment though, you have them outdoors, this is extremely dangerous for them being unvaccinated.

Never allow them down on the grass, which is the worst for harboring viruses and disease.

Panleukopenia is quite prominent on grass (kitty version of puppy parvo and deadly)

It remains in the grass seeds for a very long time, through winter snow and baking sun.

Just wanted to mention in case you were unaware.

The eye med, if they had a few more days to continue their eyes would have been healed, but the tiniest amt of bacteria remaining will quickly reproduce and you end up right back to square one again.

Commonly this happens.
which was why i had them on the blanket only really brought them  out to snap a picture, Also i asked my vet like 5 times when i was there if she was SURE cause i really really wanted to get more eye meds for him I KNEW he would need it she didn't listen to me, I am happy i chose to get a second opinion

Last edited:

adjecyca

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Perfect! Just wanted to be sure you knew.

Some people don't know not to do this.

I understand! thanks for the info, a friend of mine also had told me if they didn't go outside soonish they would forever be afraid of the outdoors is this true?

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Absolutely not.

You can keep a cat inside from kittenhood, for years even, and while this is the safest thing actually, some people do want their cats to come outdoors with them.

Open the door up, they will be curious but cautious of course, and come out a little more and a little more, before you know it it's like they discovered a whole new and exciting world! They get comfortable very fast.

They don't need exposure early on in their kittenhood ages.

datagrrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My sister in laws cat is a few years old, at least 4 or 5, and he just recently started hanging out outside with them. He was a little nervous at first, but now he just goes out and sits with them.

adjecyca

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Absolutely not.

You can keep a cat inside from kittenhood, for years even, and while this is the safest thing actually, some people do want their cats to come outdoors with them.

Open the door up, they will be curious but cautious of course, and come out a little more and a little more, before you know it it's like they discovered a whole new and exciting world! They get comfortable very fast.

They don't need exposure early on in their kittenhood ages.
Thanks  for the info man !

adjecyca

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i was able to wean one of the kittens but the other two are being SOOO stubborn, I can only get them to eat chicken wet food with milk out of a bottle i can not for the life of me get them to lick it out of a bowl or spoon, one will not lick it off my fingers at all, the other one will nibble at my fingers but as soon as i lead her to the bowl, or replace my finger with the spoon she stops any suggestions?

adjecyca

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nevermind they did it

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glad to hear it!

There's always at least one that holds out for the bottle, they love it!

Good job :)