Feedback Really Missing The Embedding Tool

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
(Just done a load of links the old fashioned way.)
I miss the old article subcategories too. Made everything SO much easier to find :(

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I miss the old article subcategories too. Made everything SO much easier to find :(
I can still see categories of Health, etc. is that what you mean?

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I remember right, the old navigation for "Articles" had a bigger drop-down menu which included the titles of the articles under the categories (?)

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's right, and it's no longer there. What has replaced it is that you have to actually go to the forum, where you can see a list of threads. I hope that replacing this is one of the things on the wish-list.

Until we get it back (note the assumption), I suggest right clicking on the forum and telling it to open in a new tab so that you can check the threads without losing your place. Note, however, that this will not work for people who are navigating the site on a phone or pad, though they may have other ways to do the same thing.

Margret

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No - on the old platform, the articles were grouped into different subjects (in Health, all the food/nutrition articles were together, all the urinary articles were together etc). You could also search for a specific topic within the article categories. I can't find that option here.

Hope that makes sense - feeling a little brain dead tonight :rolleyes:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
The embedding tool looked a bit like this < > and was a search tool. Once you had the items you'd searched pulled up, you could break them down by article, thread, review, member etc. Having picked the article (for example) that you wanted, you could then embed the article in the text in one of two formats - a block format or a line format. I guess they figure we can accomplish the same thing with a hyperlink?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey everyone, to embed an article, just paste the URL and the new platform will interpret it for you like this:

What Breed Is My Cat?

If I missed anything, please let me know.
The great thing about the old embedding tool was that you could run a topic search directly from it, rather than having to go and trawl though the articles/threads to find the one you wanted. It saved a surprising amount of time and effort when linking to multiple articles ;)

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I miss this too. I wanted to add an article to a reply today, but finally gave up because I couldn't find it. Plus I wanted to use some of my usual emoticons and couldn't find them either. I guess I just got so used to being able to relay my feelings with them. Oh well...everything must change, and WE must learn to change with them, right? I I probably used too many emoticons anyway - now if I could just find the laughing one I would be perfect here...he he he)