readymade raw food?

uniqms95

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone :D so I stumbled upon this site here in Germany that sells ready raw meals for cats. Has any of you tried those ready meals before? According to the website the raw meal they offer is made of:

Composition: 90% meat of poultry (poultry meat, . necks, . heart, liver), 7% carrots, 1.5% salmon oil, cod liver oil, algenkalk , calcium phosphate, seaweed meal, magnesium carbonate, herbs, sea salt.

(Algenkalk is a source of calcium from Algae )

Ingredients/analysis : 16.5% crude protein, 6% crude fat, 0.1% crude fiber, 2.3% crude ash, 70% moisture, 0.30% calcium, 0.25% phosphorus, 0.15% sodium.

Additives per kg: 1 g taurine, 25 mg vitamin E (tocopherol), 11 mg of zinc (zinc oxide), 100 mcg biotin

(They are sold in packs of 4x250g so 1 g taurine divided on all 4)

What do you guys think? I never tried feeding raw before and thought this would seem like a good thing to try at first. Looking forward to your opinions! :)

Last edited:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Many people start out by feeding commercial prepared 100% nutritionally complete meals.   I know I did

So as long as it says100% nutritionally complete, I'd be satisfied it's ok to serve.  (it sounds like it is)

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds good to me, like mrsgreenjeans said as long as it's complete then you're fine!  If you are interested in making it yourself at some point, this is a good site with measurements in grams:  www.catnutrition.org.  There's also the option of premixes which is a one-stop supplement that your add to the meat or meat/liver (depending on which formula you buy).