reaching out to neighbors about cat noise?

em19220

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi everyone. so, i just moved to a new place and my cat is having a hard time adjusting so she cries quite a bit at night (tonight it was off and on between 11pm and 1am and it was really rough). i asked for help about the crying in a separate thread so, that aside...

i feel bad for my neighbors since we're in an apartment building now and the walls are a little thin so i dont know how well they can hear my cat. i also havent met my next door neighbor in person since the folks here mostly keep to themselves and our schedules dont really sync up. so, would it be odd to leave them a brief note? i'd like to introduce myself, explain the situation, and leave my number in case they're being woken up/ kept up at night by my cat.

i play with her regularly throughout the day and before bedtime. i also give her a small meal after playing in the evening but when she cries, i kind of have to let her go until she settles down or the cries get worse. if my neighbor can hear that and its keeping them up/waking them up, i wanna do what i can to be considerate and take care of the problem as soon as i can. i dont wanna be a weirdo, but i also don't want my neighbor and i to end up on bad terms.

if anyone has experienced anything like this in the past, i'd love to hear your ideas/ experiences. thank you.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Why not take flowers or a cake over to your neighbour to introduce yourself and explain about your cat and just to say Hello.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

em19220

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Why not take flowers or a cake over to your neighbour to introduce yourself and explain about your cat and just to say Hello.
maybe i'll just muster up the courage and do that instead, it's certainly a more natural approach 😊 thank you.