Re: Removal of Tom Cat Urine Odor

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alright, I have a colony of 34 cats, nineoor and everyone else outside. we went up a bit in numbers this year. the recent two, intact tom cats which are no longer intact. I keep them indoors with my special-needs cats and they get along fine, the only issues I'm having with them is their spraying the urine. Even though, they've been fixed for two weeks now, the whole area I keep them in smells of cat urine. I have used vinegar in the wash along with baking soda, I've used a black light to find and treat offensive areas. I've not had this much trouble with cat urine before. I have odor eater things  up. I am so grateful carpet is minimal, just a area rug and cat tree. I'll not throw them out nor get rid of them. I do have a window opened for them and fans blowing in clean air. Its just a overall strong cat urine smell.  I am using my usual enzyme cleaner on the smelly areas. Any tips for anything I've not tried yet? 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nine are indoor including the new males.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have had some luck with this product
I find it works best on fresh stains or small stains.  Yet it doesn't get large old stains.

I care for 3 feral male TNR'd cats on my property.  There has been a roaming tom that is here off and on a few times each year.  He always sprays the shelters.  This product works well.  I just squirt it on and then rub it a bit with a rag and the tom cat odor is gone. 

My one complaint is that I have a very sensitive nose.  This product has a strong sweet kind of odor.  Not offensive, but when used inside it bothers me in a closed room.  Outside it works great.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have had some luck with this product
I find it works best on fresh stains or small stains.  Yet it doesn't get large old stains.

I care for 3 feral male TNR'd cats on my property.  There has been a roaming tom that is here off and on a few times each year.  He always sprays the shelters.  This product works well.  I just squirt it on and then rub it a bit with a rag and the tom cat odor is gone. 

My one complaint is that I have a very sensitive nose.  This product has a strong sweet kind of odor.  Not offensive, but when used inside it bothers me in a closed room.  Outside it works great.
Thank you. I'll try that one instead. I did throw out the area rug as it was soaked all the way thru. I wonder if their extensive peeing was the reason they ended up outside. Doesn't matter, they're home now.