Re: OT-Email Oprah link to ask for Spay/neuter show

catsonkeyss

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Everyone!

Permission to crosspost given.
The Doris Day Animal Fund is asking everyone to email Oprah and ask her to do a show focusing on the importance of spay/neuter & SPAY DAY USA which is on Feb 24th this year.

Here is a link to the page where you can submit a show idea for the Oprah show.

http://www.oprah.com/email/reach/email_showideas.jhtml

Please take a few minutes and let her know, in your own words, that this is a good idea or just copy & paste the sample letter below.

When you are done, forward this letter to as many folks as you can & ask them to do the same.

Together, we can make a difference!

Dear Oprah:

I am writing you to ask you to do a show focusing on the importance of spaying and neutering of all companion animals. Might I suggest February 24th which has been selected as Spay Day USA in 2004, a date devoted to promoting spay and neuter as the best solution to the tragedy of pet overpopulation. Millions of innocent animals lose their lives every year because there are simply not enough homes for all of them. In fact, euthanasia is the leading cause of death in HEALTHY dogs & cats. You have a unique ability to spread the word and save countless animals from being born into a world where they are destined to be destroyed. Wonâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t you please help?

Thank you

If they knew that 8 out of 10 pets born will be destroyed

because there aren't enough homes for them,

do you think your dog or cat would still choose to have a litter?

SAVE LIVES...SPAY & NEUTER YOUR PETS!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is a great suggestion, but these programs are planned months and months in advance, so perhaps not suggesting a date would be the best way to get a foot in the door?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsonkeyss

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would think it might be too late to do something for Feb 24 too, but the packet from the Doris Day Animal Foundation just came on Friday, with the request to email Oprah inside so maybe they already have a foot in the door and they are just soliciting more support.
But even if it's too late for that particular date, imagine the reaction if they get 1000's of emails from people that want to see this as a featured topic. That would certainly get their attention I would hope. Can't hurt to try.
Tammi in Colorado

Please SPAY & NEUTER your pets
and any wierd friends too.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I copied & pasted the letter & then added a little about being a volenteer at a shelter & having seen the sadness that is brought about by overpopulation.

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
great idea! Maybe there are some other shows that can be emailed to, even if they can't do it this year, maybe then can play it for next year.