Rc Or Hill’s Prescription Dry Food??

patti511

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
my poor Boopy has stress related cystosis and needs to be on a prescription diet. I cannot decide between Royal Canin Multifunction Calm + Urinary OR Hill’s Prescription Urinary Care C/D Mulitcare Stress. My vet is not much help, but you guys are always so helpful. Which do you think I should get? I have prescriptions for both. Thank you!

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only thing I can say is that the Hill's worked better for mine over RC. But mine had crystals as well. I found that the Hill's worked better and faster at eliminating crystals.
I would recommend that you also get the canned versions as well. Wet food is so much better for urinary problems in cats.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I use both - Royal (SO) and Hill's (C/D), but as you can see not specifically the kind you are needing to get. My cat likes both, and eats the canned and dry. She had bladder stones so severe 8 years ago that she had to have surgery. She's been on both kinds and is still stone-free, as far as I know. So, I am not helping answer your question - but maybe for variety's sake you could get both??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

patti511

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, I have both bags. I have to make a decision. I hate making decisions :-)
Hills has chicken as the first ingredient. RC has chicken-by- product meal as first. Aside from that, I like that RC has a little more protein, and a lot more fiber. I wish RC had chicken as first. I’m so confused.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Did you buy any wet? But, sorry, that diverts from your question. With Feeby, I mix the two for her dry (she grazes) and then give her 1/3 can 3 days in a row for Hill's, then 1/3 can of the Royal 3 days in a row. If you want to ensure Boopy doesn't prefer one over the other, mix them as I do. If one is better than the other, at least Boopy is getting it all the time (just in a smaller amount)??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

patti511

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Did you buy any wet? But, sorry, that diverts from your question. With Feeby, I mix the two for her dry (she grazes) and then give her 1/3 can 3 days in a row for Hill's, then 1/3 can of the Royal 3 days in a row. If you want to ensure Boopy doesn't prefer one over the other, mix them as I do. If one is better than the other, at least Boopy is getting it all the time (just in a smaller amount)??
My other cats eat canned food. Boopy is very very picky and prefers dry (I know that’s bad) I offer her canned food every evening and sometimes it’s all gone by morning, other times it’s not touched. She is not a normal cat...she doesn’t enjoy eating. Anything, really. She never eats with gusto. She picks. It’s so frustrating. Right now she’s eating RC Calm dry and she likes it. I give her Applause or Instinct at night.
I’m sitting here with both bags...I want to choose one and have it auto-delivered. Chewy carries Hills Multicare, but not RC multifunction. I would have to pick RC up at PetSmart every month. That may be one deciding factor. I still don’t know.