raw suppliers for Texas?

xisare

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi All,

For a while I've considering the idea of trying raw food for Akodo and Soshi, my two furries.

Everywhere I've searched the favourite supplier of meat and meat blends is Hare Today, and I can see why. But sadly I live in Texas, so the shipping is even more than the value of the meats. Considering that weather here in summer is horrible hot, it can be a risk of shipping from so far, even with the special packaging.

So I'm looking for recommendations of supplies closer to here, if is in state is ideal. A quick search gave me TexasTripe (http://www.texastripe.com) which has pretty good prices, but their descriptions lack details so I would not now how much blend to use and I would need to supplement it. I'm looking for pre ground mixes because I don't have the bone grinder and for now is out of my budget. but if we have a successful experiment is something that I'll definitely buy.

Also, is it safe to buy raw meat blends for dogs? It may be a silly question, but I'm a complete novice here.

missmimz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in AZ and i buy from Hare Today. In the warmer months I have to pay for 2 day shipping, which is expensive, but in the winter months I can go with 3 day shipping which is only $40. I've ordered in the summer and winter and every time the meat showed up 100% frozen. I've never had any shipping issues. Their meats are VERY good quality, so to me it's worth the price to get such good quality meats i feel comfortable with feeding. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xisare

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The brands of chubs I listed can be used to make homemade raw if you are looking for already ground meat. Chubs are available as ground boneless meat or as ground meat with bone and organs, no vitamins or minerals or (usually) no stuff like fruits / veggies added. I've used such chubs with a pre-mix to make raw for my cats. I don' t have a grinder either so the chubs make it easy to make raw food. If you need whole cuts or chunks of meat, try the Dogware web site for a local raw supplier or raw feeding group. There are a couple of Texas places listed.