Raw ground mice from Hare Today. Have you tried it?

pata

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Since my cat seems to have problems with eating chicken, I was considering buying some whole ground mice from Hare Today. Currently I'm feeding him Instinct Raw Rabbit along with some Instinct Rabbit Kibble. I want to give him a variety of foods.

Does whole ground mice give a good balance of nutrients or do I have to supplement it with anything? Does your cat like the taste? How much of it do you feed? 

geely

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I buy a pound of it now and then. Since its whole prey I don't supplement it. 

My cats don't really like it that much. But since I know it is really good for them I feed it to them occasionally.  I  usually give it in the morning when they are really hungry.  Probably a little under a 2oz  serving  Sometimes I have to put a little FloriFlora on top it to get them to eat it.

cat7bird

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have -- my cat (Shoeboot) loved it (he even ate it frozen which he wouldn't do with anything else -- he was not especially big on food). I fed it straight but it wasn't a significant portion of his diet at all, just a sporadic offering. If it were, I suspect it would require supplementation even though it's mouse and it's whole carcass, because it's ground up, though I feel like it's prohibitively expensive to use as a significant portion of the diet. When Shoeboot was dying and refusing food, the last thing I got him to eat was bits of this.