Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Turkey

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

11201ny

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Right now, of my two cats, one is much more adventurous then the other. They both love (Felines Pride) rabbit. They deal with turkey. They barely eat chicken. And they fight me on duck, & cornish hen. Right now they are battling me on duck - even with grated parmesan. 

Last edited:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have several that hate ground raw, pretty much any of it. I can get them to eat rabbit, a few of the 9 eat ground pork, and most will eat ground llama. I have one that wouldn't eat any ground raw until I ordered the Hare-Today whole ground rabbit, fur and all. That he'll eat. Oddly, while most of my cats love rabbit - and other than the one, they like it ground - none of them liked the Feline's Pride. :dk: They like the Hare-Today (which has nothing added, I add the supplements at home).

This refers to food that is not ground. I have several cats that eat just about anything; one whose favorite thing is chicken liver, though as far as meat goes, she loves chicken breast the most; several favor beef (though one really can't tolerate it more than as 50% of a meal); one loves pork.

They universally hate ground poultry of any kind. If it has wings, they do not like it ground.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

11201ny

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have several that hate ground raw, pretty much any of it. I can get them to eat rabbit, a few of the 9 eat ground pork, and most will eat ground llama. I have one that wouldn't eat any ground raw until I ordered the Hare-Today whole ground rabbit, fur and all. That he'll eat. Oddly, while most of my cats love rabbit - and other than the one, they like it ground - none of them liked the Feline's Pride. :dk: They like the Hare-Today (which has nothing added, I add the supplements at home).

This refers to food that is not ground. I have several cats that eat just about anything; one whose favorite thing is chicken liver, though as far as meat goes, she loves chicken breast the most; several favor beef (though one really can't tolerate it more than as 50% of a meal); one loves pork.

They universally hate ground poultry of any kind. If it has wings, they do not like it ground.
I think I may need to pick your brain a little.
:-)

I tried to make my own food from Hare Today, and my ladies sniffed it, and then avoided it like it offended them. It did smell like vitamins and fish oil though. I need to give it another go.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:lol3: I used the Alnutrin (for meat/bones/organs - no calcium or eggshell added) supplement and egg yolks. I didn't add salmon oil to the food before freezing in portions.

I introduced the salmon oil slowly, starting with just a drop, and then slowly increasing to the amount of drops that equals 500mg. The cats don't like it much, so I split that into the three meals they get a day. This means they get about 4 drops of salmon oil on each meal. That they tolerate and eat. Obviously how many drops it takes depends on what capsule you use and whatever you use to poke the hole in it.

I use Pure Alaska Omega 1,000mg capsules, and I just measured how many drops came out of it. I took half those (500mg) and divided into three meals.

I simply continue to add it at meal-time.

mildlyironic

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wah, I hit the wrong protein! My kittens LOVE duck (although their second favorite is turkey, which is what I accidentally voted). To be fair, though, their duck is 2/3 duck, 1/3 turkey.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

11201ny

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
:lol3: I used the Alnutrin (for meat/bones/organs - no calcium or eggshell added) supplement and egg yolks. I didn't add salmon oil to the food before freezing in portions.

I introduced the salmon oil slowly, starting with just a drop, and then slowly increasing to the amount of drops that equals 500mg. The cats don't like it much, so I split that into the three meals they get a day. This means they get about 4 drops of salmon oil on each meal. That they tolerate and eat. Obviously how many drops it takes depends on what capsule you use and whatever you use to poke the hole in it.

I use Pure Alaska Omega 1,000mg capsules, and I just measured how many drops came out of it. I took half those (500mg) and divided into three meals.

I simply continue to add it at meal-time.
Thanks, I think I'm going to order some stuff from Hare Today and give it another try.

citrineblue

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Why no pork on the poll? Ours adore it........... Ours are resourced carefully though.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why no pork on the poll? Ours adore it........... Ours are resourced carefully though.
Pork is fairly safe in the US.  Mine love it too.

I haven't voted in the poll since mine seem to love every ground meat I've given them.  Even chicken thighs, which is the main meat in their diet.  I would think they'd be tired of it but they aren't.  The only problem I run into is Gadget, who loves anything ground, but I must lightly cook beef until medium rare due to his regurgitation issues.  I haven't gotten to try a lot of stuff, but here's what they like so far:  chicken thighs, Cornish hen, beef, pork (usually rib meat), and lamb.  I hope to make a Hare Today order in the next few months.