Raw food ? Which is best?

gladys

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Which raw food is best for kitty with possible ibs symptoms and kitty that had crystals?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That would certainly depend on the individual cat. Have you identified the IBS kitty's triggers yet? Do you know what kind of crystals were involved?

Are you thinking of a commercial raw diet, a homemade raw diet, ground or prey-model? If commercial, do you know what brands are available in your area? What made you decide that a raw diet is better for your cats than a processed food? There's such a variety of different ways to feed raw that it's hard to give much of an answer without knowing a few more details.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gladys

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! I do a rotation diet which consists of various grain free canned food and freeze dried raw crumbled on top. All of my cats love this. One of my cats has on and off diarrhea, but seem to have firmer stools when she eats more freeze dried raw, although she will not eat the freeze dried raw soaked at all, just crumbled. I'm not sure it is Ibs, but just in case it is, I know my vet will probably want to give medication, which I want to avoid if possible and treat with raw food instead. I am using stella and chewys freeze dried food. This company makes a frozen raw but just for dogs, so I'm sure that it doesn't contain taurine in it. I would like to try the frozen raw,but don't know which one to try. Also, I have a cat that is doing fine just on grain free canned food, and his crystals are under control,and it has been four years now. As per my vet,they only get a few dry kibble as a snack. I cannot make homade raw food, so frozen raw is next on my list to try with their current grain free canned food. Thanx in advance for any info U can give me and God Bless !!!!!!

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Meds did not help my 3 IBS cats with diarrhea, only raw did.  It's certainly worth a try.

Why is homemade out of the question?  Supplies? Cost?  Just trying to understand so we can all best help you.