Raw food digestion

pawpurrints

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How long does it normally take to digest the raw pieces?

Since a couple of my 3 6-week old kittens have thrown up their chicken meals within an hour, I lowered the amount I give them.  I mistakenly would feed them 1oz in one meal, and they gobble every bit of it up...but only to throw it up later.  By the looks of it, the pieces aren't digested.

So I cut back to just 1 .25oz meal a day (I still feed them milk 3 times a day).  I want to change it so I feed 2 milk feedings (one in the morning, one at night), then .5oz of chicken split in 2 meals.  But I want to know how far to spread out the chicken meals.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pawpurrints

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I left them with  5 hr gap between each chicken meal.  So far so good.  I really want to give more chicken pieces variety, and introduce other meats.

I bought a can of sardines in water.  Should it make up a meal on its own, or should I mix it w/ chicken?  

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd probably just offer it on its own. When feeding PMR to adult cats, the sardines are usually served up as a "treat" and not a meal replacement. I know with kittens, it's just a lot of eating. :lol3: But I'm not sure there's an advantage to feeding it mixed with the chicken. :dk: