Raw feeding question

rivertherb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Looking for some recommendations. My girl River eats Primal frozen raw and has for almost the entire time I have had her, almost 2 years. She is 2 years and 2 months old. After some research, I have realized the Primal frozen cat formulas all have veggies/fruits in them that my girl does not need. I have heard good things about the company ReelRaw, they have a meal plan service where they portion out and send your cat/dog meals for one month at a time. I am just curious if anyone has had any experience with ReelRaw or a company similar to them that you would recommend. I like the sound of ReelRaw, their meat is all top of the line stuff. I am not quite comfortable yet with making my own raw quite yet. I am located in the United States. Any recommendations would be appreciated! Want to get these unneeded veggies/fruits out of my girl's diet!

nich666

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I can't help with finding veg free food as I live across the pond in France but sympathise, as it's almost impossible to find canned food for cats (I know nothing about dogs), over here that doesn't have VEGETABLES IN... GRRR.

All I have to do now is convince the cat food makers that cats do not like or can digest vegetables very well.

The farmers in Africa and India don’t rush to fence off their carrots and peas when a big cat is around???

My last cat Blanche and No-name, a Feral that walked in, both left peas and carrots in the dish licked clean of gravy, French manufacturers bulk out their tins with veg. being cheaper than meat.

That can’t be right.

Off the web. ~

Cats are obligate carnivores: their physiology has evolved to efficiently process meat, and they have difficulty digesting plant matter.[22] In contrast to omnivores such as rats, which only require about 4% protein in their diet, about 20% of a cat's diet must be protein.

Good luck with your search, i’m at a loss here wondering why I am the only person in France to be fuming over this. CATS DON’T LIKE AND CANNOT DIGEST PLANT MATTER.

Bring back the revolution, we want justice...

Rant over. Regards, Brian.

Last edited by a moderator:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Making raw at home is super easy if you use a premix such as EZComplete or Alnutrin
The basic instructions is to take ground raw meat (either a chub of raw meat for pet food use or meat that you grind or finely chop yourself), add in the premix, add water, stir to combine, portion out into serving sizes and freeze. The premix contains all of the essential vitamins and minerals at cat needs so the resulting food is a balanced diet. Independent pet stores often sell chubs (rolls) of raw meat. HareToday.com is a popular online source for raw meat for pet food use. Just remember that some premixes are used only with boneless organless meats while other premixes are for meat with bone and organ.

I think there is a small business around here that does a raw food for pets meal kit type service. I vaguely remember seeing an ad or web stie for it and it was really pricey.