Raw catfish eggs

swamplady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
  I truly hope this is where I am suppose to post this. If not I am sorry for any mistake.

Tonight a very good friend of mine fed raw catfish eggs to my cats. I did not know she was going to do this. She is elderly + a little off. How is the eggs going to effect my cats?  

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I doubt there will be a problem. Unless she gave them a lot and then they might have upset tummies. But there's nothing wrong with fish eggs in general. Some caviar has a lot of salt. . .but even so, one time shouldn't cause any trouble.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swamplady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I doubt there will be a problem. Unless she gave them a lot and then they might have upset tummies. But there's nothing wrong with fish eggs in general. Some caviar has a lot of salt. . .but even so, one time shouldn't cause any trouble.
It will be a one time thing. I asked her very nicely PLEASE do not feed my animals anything without consulting first. I explain I am trying to watch how much they eat. I also showed her online it said not to feed raw eggs of any type to cats. I was SUPER sweet talking to her and showing online advice in different areas on cats. She held Tiger and loved his purring.

Thank-you so kindly for answering.