Raw Birthday Treat!?

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
So my lynx point girl’s birthday is coming up and, being the crazy cat mom that I am, I want to spoil her with her most favorite thing in the whole wide world: raw meat!

Any fun ideas for raw bday “cakes?” Something not too crazy that it would cause stomach upset but still a “treat?”

:celebrate:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For my birthday, Krista gave me a hairball. For Father’s Day, a hairball. For Christmas, a hairball. For her birthday, I’m going to cough up a winner!

Don’t overthink it. At the end of the day, she’s still a cat and can just as easily turn away from anything you put a lot of effort into. I’d just give her a favorite treat meal you know she can’t resist. For Krista, I’d put down a plate of tuna in water. Because when I tried to give her reindeer for Christmas (venison), she barely touched it. And what little she did eat, it was dicey for awhile whether that was going to be re-gifted. ;)

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don’t overthink it. At the end of the day, she’s still a cat and can just as easily turn away from anything you put a lot of effort into. ;)
I totally agree! For our cats the best treats are probably something like a few extra Pure Bites, a nice serving of Rad Cat (their birthday's coming up, too, and there's still a little Rad Cat), and a can of Fancy Feast or new BFF pate to end the day.

They're generally pretty happy with their food so I think it's extra attention -- getting their bellies rubbed or having toys tossed -- that matters the most.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krista’s birthday seems an eternity away in late April. But for Valentine’s Day, I may see if I can find fresh or freeze-dried hearts of a protein she can have (turkey, duck, or rabbit.)

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Every single time I've ever gotten Cookie something special for her birthday or a holiday she hates it. Every. Single. Time. I give up. Now she just gets a big handful of Stella & Chewy freeze dried as her special meal or wild tuna caught by my dad's coworker's husband. It's the only tuna she's ever eaten. If your kitty usually eats ground raw you can just shape that into cake form and decorate it with organs, treats, or fresh fish.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Azazel

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Azazel

Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for the suggestions! You are all right that she'll probably be happy with any extra bit of food I give her. I guess part of it is that I just want an excuse to make a cake for her (even though she probably won't care as long as it's food haha).

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess part of it is that I just want an excuse to make a cake for her (even though she probably won't care as long as it's food haha).
I think I know what might work for our cats: I'll make a cake for the humans and then we'll be extra-happy when we give bonus treats to the cats!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My girls get some plain roasted turkey or chicken or some plain grilled steak. They won't eat it from their dishes. They want to be hand fed from my plate. Divas. :dancingblackcat::dancingblackcat:

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If your cat likes fish you can get them some sushi?? Lol. My cats get that once in a while.

CHIKITTIES

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know this is big NO-NO but ... my kitties get once a year on their birthday

PilaSaf eating birthday cake.JPG
Cooked adzuki bean cake with asparagus candles! Tasty meow!!

(sorry for funny face picture)

Wile

Opener of cans
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know this is big NO-NO but ... my kitties get once a year on their birthday

View attachment 274074
Cooked adzuki bean cake with asparagus candles! Tasty meow!!

(sorry for funny face picture)
:wow: That is amazing. Look at them gobbling up that asparagus. Is asparagus on your ever growing list of food toppers Furballsmom Furballsmom ?