Random peeing

Ezavora

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've posted alot about this before but hoping for some new insight. My cat who I rescued about 2 years ago would pee allover a certain area of the carpet. We tried everything and also made sure she had no medical issues. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. She'd use both little boxes we have but would mark her territory. Finally we got rid of the carpet and have a laminate and the peeing stopped. Randomly, she'll find a spot and pee there for a few weeks. No clue as to why. To note the only other issue we had was when I tried a new litter box set up and I learned her peeing outside next to it was her way of saying she doesn't like it. Changed it back and that stopped. So ovreall she'll just find a spot and continue to pee until we make a drastic change..(took carpet out, block that area off etc). The only thing I'm thinking this time that could be different is its by the front door. Maybe another cat has roamed near by. Anyways hoping if anyone has advice. Im using an enzyme based cleaner and im replacing the vent that she had peed on in hopes she can't detect any of her scent

Stefhand

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Are u keeping the litter box clean? My cat is so picky I basically have to clean it out 3 times a day or she will do the same thing..

sunny578

Mom to an inappropriate urinator
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello!

Can you describe your current litter box set up? Do you only have the one cat? Any kids or dogs?

My cat has a long history of inappropriate urination, so hopefully I can help!

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Have you had someone come by and check the home for pests? It can be a common cat reaction to pests in the home. Many pest control companies will do free inspections.