Random But Frequent Vomiting

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LovingMommyCat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi I'm 100% new so apologies for if I'm maybe not posting correctly =) & I don't know how to edit so I definitely apologize for my failure of a first post where it only showed pictures as opposed to this.

I'm the proud but physically disabled mommy to 3 girls, 14.5 month old Lily, 3.5y/o Bella & 14.5y/o Cachita.

Cachita throws up not every day but frequently around 2a-4am. Usually just bile.

Timeline:
* Sat 12/16/17 = My caretaker (aka Mom, lol) takes Cachita 2 the vet for vomiting bc I'm worried about her esophagus burning or something from that. They take blood & do physical exam recommending Cyproheptadine. As she's lost a tiny bit of weight & is a picky eater. Plus, a 24hr nausea shot. So for 24hrs, gravy but once that wore off, back to puking @ 4am. They recommend an endoscopy which as much as I LOVE my baby, I just can't afford in any way. No insurance can help me now as it's a preexisting condition now. I basically feel horrible bc there's just no way to get $1,000.

* Mon 12/18 = Results are normal except for a little uptick of white blood cells that they weren't concerned about. But she vomits twice despite eating more due to stimulant.

* Wed 12/20 = Back to vet after 3 more incidents. Different dr sees her essentially saying not to waste $ on an endoscopy as they wouldn't get a diagnosis from that, probably. Only cutting her open & getting a biopsy would be definitive. He said it's definitely not cancer as her lymph nodes would be swollen & they're not. As well as examining her tummy & nothing funky seems to be going on. They feel it's not serious & probably inflammatory so they gave another 24hr nausea shot, gave Prednisolone 2x a day & told us to buy Pepcid AC 5mg.

She's alert & happy & there's definitely no blockage as she's pooping normally & I got her senior food. Do you think that the Prednisolone in combination with the Pepcid AC will work? The 24hr shot is finished by now so we'll see but any similar situations where your cat is basically healthy but just vomits? (she's also arthritic in the back hips for which she taken Cosequin every other day & only eats wet food bc we had to remove 2 infected teeth. I gratefully got donations to afford that & I obviously out of respect can't ask for more not 2yrs later).

I'm sorry to dump all this info but I feel no one around me truly understands my frustrations both financially (why I feel guilty that I can't afford to do the procedures OR why I'd spend that much on a cat) & emotionally they feel I'm overreacting to want a prescription strength vomiting medication & the drs won't give it! so yeah I'm very frustrated but hopeful that maybe all this will help bc every time she throws up, I feel I'm the worst mom for not having enough.

*sighs* thank you all,
~ Rebecca
Cachita.JPG

Attachments

lolliegoth

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Heya Rebecca - this sounds similar to what I went through with one of my cats.

Princess Sparkles has so many issues with everything. She was constantly vomiting (to the point I have removed all the carpet in the house). Over two years I replaced her diet with BARF [note: I tried two different products before I found the one she could handle]. I gave her this for breakfast and dinner.

Have you tried to slowly change Cachita's diet? I have 'emergency' canned wet food for the three cats yet I find they either vomit or have diarrhoea soon after.

Don't feel guilty for not being able to afford procedures - they are expensive and may not help Cachita at all.

Emotionally - I just cancelled dinner with my Brother yesterday who I haven't seen in ten months because my Kitters aren't well (I was nearly in tears when I rang him - he got it and sent a lovely text for the Kitters. Christmas catch up will be in January).

So I completely get you on feeling bad when they are ill! I am sorry I am not really helping you yet I am sure more experienced Cat Site posters will.

So - I hope you, Lily, Bella and Cachita get some wisdom from the awesome people on this site and have a Merry Christmas!

LovingMommyCat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
yes, I've tried everything dietwise. problem is she may like something & the next day not like the exact same thing so it's really aggravating. She's free feeding & always has been. What's BARF?

I appreciate your answer as sometimes just a little understanding is helpful. I'm sorry about your babies & I truly hope they feel better & that you get to see your brother soon.

I pray you & Princess Sparkles have a lovely Holiday & thank you Merry Christmas

lolliegoth

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Biological Appropriate Raw Food. I suggest you do your research as the Pet and Vet Communities seem divided over this feeding method. You can buy it frozen or make your own. As I live in Australia I can't help you with stockists or brands (unless you live in Oz).

It worked for my Cat but it does take some time (a week or less). I would recommend as this is raw food - regiment meal times and stick to a schedule.

More importantly - how is Cachita?

LovingMommyCat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
More importantly - how is Cachita?
She's a free feeder & I'll look it up

She's still throwing up no matter what I do, I feel helpless. I can't afford a biopsy & the drs resisting stronger meds bc he wants to know first which again, I can't afford. No insurance & financial assistance doesn't cover diagnostic testing
I can't ask for donations as I already did less than 2yrs ago to remove her 2 infected teeth. Almost every other night she's puking once in the morning and doesn't eat her mature food, only reg. I'm having a small surgery myself and all I can think about is "I'm completely stuck & can't help her."

I'm sorry ...