Random Bald spot

Baya08

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone,a few days ago i noticed a bald spot on my 5 year old cat right between her shoulder blades..it’s not completly bald but more like an irregular thinning of hair..so she still has some fur here and there but i can see the skin underneath it compared to the rest of her body which is perfectly covered in black fur,does that make any sense? it’s not red or patchy or anything,i felt it and it’s normal skin and doesn’t seem to bother her at all but looking at it now it seems like it’s spreading which got me worried ! I wanted to take a picture but the weird thing is that the baldness disappears when she sits and is only visible while she’s walking !! :confused2:
she doesn’t have any other symptom,she sometimes scratches her neck/ears but not more frequently than usual..i mean the bald spot is not even within reach so it can’t be from scratching.
She’s been on a homemade raw diet for over a month now,i feed her mostly chicken but started including lamb and beef a couple weeks ago for variety,could it be an allergy? Im taking her to the vet next week but i still wanted some opinions here before i rip out my own hair because of how stressed i am :cold:

Millie005

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am no vet (yet) but my cat sometimes has these bald spots from injuries such as bitemarks from my cat or my dog. do you have any other animals?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Baya08

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am no vet (yet) but my cat sometimes has these bald spots from injuries such as bitemarks from my cat or my dog. do you have any other animals?
Yes ! She lives with her sister and they often fight,i hope it’s just an injury i’d feel really silly for stressing so much :lol:

Millie005

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes ! She lives with her sister and they often fight,i hope it’s just an injury i’d feel really silly for stressing so much :lol:
Haha dont worry, its probably that then. Cats do all sorts of things when we r asleep/not watching them!