Raised microchip feeders?

Anoxia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello! I was looking into a microchip feeder for my cat; unfortunately, she vomits when she eats anything from an unraised bowl. It looked as if the microchip feeder required a cat's head and front limbs to be under the canopy which might make it difficult to raise the bowl, and I was wondering if anyone had experience with this?

Thank you!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You can try placing the feeder on an upside down box or something so the whole thing is elevated and hopefully your cat will be able to eat normally without any vomiting.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anoxia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you! To clarify, I wasn't sure if raising it wholesale would be sufficient since it looks as if it has a horizontal platform in front of the bowl that would still obligate the cat to step on it to eat. Maybe if it was tilted? I'll think about it some more; thank you!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The platform doesn't do anything. It's just a non-functional piece of the feeder. A cat can still access the food without stepping on the platform.

If you only have one cat / pet in the home or don't need something microchip activated, you can try this other Surefeed product: The SureFeed Sealed Pet Bowl from SureFlap It's more elevated than the other product but you can still elevate it on something.