Ragdoll, siamese or snowshoe?

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Snowshoe, I would guess until I looked up ragdoll s. But they don’t appear as fluffy as a ragdoll is. I would bet everything at least half rag dolls if not pure breeds.

Either way they are adorable!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gwenjenn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Snowshoe, I would guess until I looked up ragdoll s. But they don’t appear as fluffy as a ragdoll is. I would bet everything at least half rag dolls if not pure breeds.

Either way they are adorable!!!
Yes the other 2 are pure ragdolls. Just the guy with the white nose we're not sure on. He has all the ragdoll actions and personality but he's short haired.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw ragdolls with the white nose stripe thing when I looked up the breed. Sometimes you just scratch your head & try to guess.

We couldn’t figure out what Cami (dilute Tortie) was a mix of until we found the ragdoll breed. She has the texture & length of ragdoll fur (including a very fluffy tail.) Plus she has ragdoll character traits (rolls off things, comes running when called, always following her humans, super chill like she is sedated when you carry her belly up..... even lets my hyper niece carry her around/hold her belly up!) Now her brothers we can’t figure out. I was surprised to learn rag dolls, siamese & one other breed are all in the oriental cat family. If you do a DNA test, they can’t yet tell them apart. So now I’m looking at her Lynx point brother & wondering if he is part siamese or ragdoll.... or maybe a bit of both? He does have soft fur and lets me carry him around belly up all the time. 🤷🏻‍♀️ No matter what he is my little dude & an amazing cat!

What matters is that your cats are wonderful & that they own your heart..... they are gorgeous kitties! 😻

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gwenjenn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I saw ragdolls with the white nose stripe thing when I looked up the breed. Sometimes you just scratch your head & try to guess.

We couldn’t figure out what Cami (dilute Tortie) was a mix of until we found the ragdoll breed. She has the texture & length of ragdoll fur (including a very fluffy tail.) Plus she has ragdoll character traits (rolls off things, comes running when called, always following her humans, super chill like she is sedated when you carry her belly up..... even lets my hyper niece carry her around/hold her belly up!) Now her brothers we can’t figure out. I was surprised to learn rag dolls, siamese & one other breed are all in the oriental cat family. If you do a DNA test, they can’t yet tell them apart. So now I’m looking at her Lynx point brother & wondering if he is part siamese or ragdoll.... or maybe a bit of both? He does have soft fur and lets me carry him around belly up all the time. 🤷🏻‍♀️ No matter what he is my little dude & an amazing cat!

What matters is that your cats are wonderful & that they own your heart..... they are gorgeous kitties! 😻
Yours are gorgeous too! And yes all cats are precious not matter what they are! I know mine are spoiled rotten.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To me he looks like a mix of snow shoe, ragdoll and British shorthair 😹 but his face isn't flat enough for British shorthair. He is a beauty as are those floofies😻

Last edited:

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I looked it up: there are ragdoll lynx points but they are adorable fluffy kitties. (So my kitty has some siamese in him.) The lynx point rag dolls are beyond adorable; especially with their white eyeliner! You might want to adopt one for yourself next time. There are also rag dolls with socks (what I think of as snow shoes.)

Hope it helps!