Ragdoll siamese lynx point mix?

sharkgirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! i just adopted this 8 week old kitten and she was listed as a ragdoll siamese mix but she was free! she does have white mits on her back paws but they only cover two toes. let me know if you think shes a ragdoll siamese mix! i am just curious because i love her regardless!
A0D1B439-4DE1-454B-B82A-14636FAD687E.jpeg
C6E1D0C8-C638-44EF-B915-DDB6171D0714.jpeg
FD5EE377-E33C-455F-9277-7FD0849D97C7.jpeg

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sharkgirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Nope i'd say she is a domestic short hair lynx point. Very pretty :)
she is certainly not short hair, has a fairly long coat actually, its hard to tell but her bone structure is much smaller than it looks, vet actually determined her as medium or long hair cat.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
She's absolutely adorable!
It is difficult, though, to tell the coat lengths of kittens. Here's a discussion about it in another thread:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Domestic lynx point. The pointed gene is very widespread throughout the general cat population. All Siamese are pointed, but not all pointed are Siamese (although all pointed do have Siamese ancestors but it could be 200 years back to the last actual purebred Siamese).

I'd lean towards shorthair on the photos because of lack of toe or ear fluff, but kittens can poof. My girl is a little shorthair but she gets a fairly impressive winter coat while somehow remaining shorthair. Oddest thing ever.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another vote for lynx point domestic shorthair. I think she will lose the kitten fluff. Cats are either domestic short or long hair (no medium) unless papered from a breeder. They are almost never mixes of specific purebred cats. It doesn't work the way it does for dogs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sharkgirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Another vote for lynx point domestic shorthair. I think she will lose the kitten fluff. Cats are either domestic short or long hair (no medium) unless papered from a breeder. They are almost never mixes of specific purebred cats. It doesn't work the way it does for dogs.
the mum had papers! she was siamese but the dad was expected to be the next door neighbours ragdoll, or a street cat :)

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Ah ha.. one of those Breeder Whoopsie cats. :biggrin:
Whatever she is, still gorgeous... :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

Nikei

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I vote for shorthair, too! A lot of kittens look fluffy at first but not long haired, my ex's cat had a similar length to yours at that age and turned out short haired as an adult.

She doesn't seem to have ear tufts which are a hint at probably long hair. Have you looked at her toes? Toe tufts are a good sign too. I've had my (supposedly) ragdoll mix for two months now and at first she only had this one little tuft poking out, and now it's a full on hairy paw, lol.

Still, she's adorable regardless of coat length!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This is my new kitten, 8 weeks old. Looks similar. Does anybody know what race it is ?
Breed: Domestic Short-haired
Color Pattern: lynx color point (basically tabby with the color point gene)
Color: hard to tell, maybe chocolate or lilac, color point can be hard as kittens but get easier when they get older and darken.

LunarFlower

Genetics Enthusiast
Young Cat
Purraise
This is my new kitten, 8 weeks old. Looks similar. Does anybody know what race it is ?
I’m seeing seal silver lynx point, but it’s too early to know for certain. The tail is too dark to be anything but seal, so expect the color to darken somewhat. I highly suspect silver as well, due to the paler striping between the tail rings and the silver dusting on the paws.

For example, see the same effect on my cat’s paws; she is the same thing, just with more white and also orange. The black striped areas are likely similar to your kitten’s eventual look, I think.

IMG_0713.jpeg

IMG_1129.jpeg

ElleKBee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise