Ragamese?

Hunter06

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m new to this platform but I’m having trouble finding out what the breed of my cat is. He is a lynx point and for a second I thought he may have been a Siamese but he is too fluffy to be one. I was considering a Ragdoll but I’m not too sure about that theory either. I unfortunately don’t know his age but so far he is already almost the size of my 6 year old Labrahuahua. We got him when he was very small a few months ago.
IMG_5081.jpeg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5076.png
IMG_1722.jpeg
1000004516.jpeg
the last photo was taken 3 days before we got him

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Pretty boy! Unless you bought him from a breeder with a pedigee, he's a domestic, most cats aren't any breed at all just randomly bred.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hunter06

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok! We got him from a random person for free so there are many questions about his background. Thanks!

Hunter06

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
On my last post I was told Hunter may be a domestic if he wasn’t bought from a breeder and due the the information being unknown and him being given by a random stranger for free if he was to be a domestic what type would he be? I excluded shorthair because his tail is way to fluffy to be one so what else could he be?
IMG_5085.jpeg
IMG_5086.jpeg
IMG_5087.jpeg

Last one is a older picture the first two are pictures taken 2 days ago

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Domestic medium hair - even if it officially will be long hair; its the same gene,

Blue lynx point.

ps. Are you sure Hunter is a male? On the first pic he lays down very femalish... Almost as a female in heat.

Hunter06

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes I’m sure lol * he hasn’t been nurtured yet and thanks!

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
if he's still a kitten he may yet get much much fluffier. domestic medium or long hair is a way of saying just a moggy. generic cat. but imo you'd probably find he had a lot in similar with a breed or two if you did a dna test. whatever he is he is 100 percent gorgeous

people tend to get very pendantic on the if you don't have papers hes a domestic xxx but I think there is a lot of grey in there. there are a lot of natural breeds with cats and people aren't as protective of breeds as they seem to think. I know of so many ppl who don't actually get their purebreds spayed. they require a spay or neuter to get the papers but people are like I don't care.. and just never get them spayed once they get them. between the two I think you do end up with some actual mutts of cats not just polycat. the best you can do is say there are similarities in the genetic make up to known breeds.

Last edited:

KittyCat_chitchat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I agree with the above, he could have breed ancestry. In fact, it's likely as AFAIK the colourpoint gene only came into the random bred cat population here in the West through interbreeding with Siamese and other Asian colourpoint breeds (I could be wrong though, so don't quote me on that!). His eyes also aren't the dark, rich blue I would expect in a Siamese. He looks to me like he MIGHT have some Balinese/Javanese DNA in his background - Balinese and Javanese being medium-haired cats derived from Siamese and with Siamese build and colouring. It's impossible to know for sure though. What I can confidently say is that he is a very handsome boy. I hope he is as nice to know as he is to look at, and that you have many long years together.

Hunter06

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok thanks for the info! He is probably like 5 months or so- probably more… I think he might be a Balinese if anything. I do expect him to get muuuch fluffier due to his tail and fur under his paws. Also I can’t believe it took me this long to realize he has ear tufts which is adorable :0