Rag doll/ Ragamuffin mix

Sunnybunny25

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I'm looking to adopt this kitten and it says it's a rag doll mix with ragamuffin. It doesn’t really look like a rag doll to me.The adoption fee is pretty expensive and I just wanted to verify it is a rag doll mix. Can anyone tel? Thank you! Also if anyone can send me a link/ picture of how they look when they're older that would be appreciated! I looked online and I couldn't find anything about this mix. Thank you!!

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I could see the tail, bushy trails mean longer haired cats. ANY cat that doesn't come with registration papers is called a Domestic Long/Short Hair. I would NOT pay a big amount for that kitten, it has no characteristics of the breed. Look online under pictures of different cat breeds, those breeds will be on there. They both have long hair, which that kitten doesn't. does this place have the parents available to see? That may be different. If not, I think it is a scam. Vaccinations and spaying cost quite a bit, has this kitten had any of that with proof? Sorry, that kitten is a doll but doesn't look at all like those breeds.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sunnybunny25

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I wish I could see the tail, bushy trails mean longer haired cats. ANY cat that doesn't come with registration papers is called a Domestic Long/Short Hair. I would NOT pay a big amount for that kitten, it has no characteristics of the breed. Look online under pictures of different cat breeds, those breeds will be on there. They both have long hair, which that kitten doesn't. does this place have the parents available to see? That may be different. If not, I think it is a scam. Vaccinations and spaying cost quite a bit, has this kitten had any of that with proof? Sorry, that kitten is a doll but doesn't look at all like those breeds.
Thank you so much for answering!

I was told he was getting neutered today and had his vaccines. I believe is a legitimate post since is from a local animal shelter. I was given the address to the place and I made sure to do my research. But like you said it does NOT look like a Ragdoll. I was really hoping it was but pherhaps they were misinformed as well. Here is the complete photo they had on the website:
Thank you so much for your help (:

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is SO cute! If it is from a shelter, there are costs incurred which they ahve to recoup. I think you are safe there. For a neutered, vaccinated kitten, i would say 100.00 would not be out of line. Can I ask how much they want? I wouldn't pay any attention to what breed they say, they don't know for sure.....

Sunnybunny25

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is SO cute! If it is from a shelter, there are costs incurred which they ahve to recoup. I think you are safe there. For a neutered, vaccinated kitten, i would say 100.00 would not be out of line. Can I ask how much they want? I wouldn't pay any attention to what breed they say, they don't know for sure.....
He’s adorable! He would be my first cat if I decide to get him. They are asking for 300 dollars because he’s a Ragdoll an other cats are around 75. I didn’t mind spending 300 if it was a Ragdoll as they look so fluffy and pretty. But now I’m 50/50 haha !

KittyCat_chitchat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
For all you've fallen for this kitten, I would be very wary. I would be surprised to find a legit shelter asking for that much, even if the cat being rehomed is a pedigree animal.

Sunnybunny25

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You know, if they want that much more, they need to prove he is ragdoll!
I emailed them to ask and the lady was very rude saying they can’t verify he is. Sadly, I will not be adopting him as I feel like 300 + for a domestic medium hair is too much. Thank you for your help!

Sunnybunny25

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
For all you've fallen for this kitten, I would be very wary. I would be surprised to find a legit shelter asking for that much, even if the cat being rehomed is a pedigree animal.
Thank you for your reply! You are probably correct. I reached out to the shelter and they were rude when I asked to verify the breed. As they say they only take in strays and they put the closest match. I decided not to adopt him due to the adoption price. I will look into another shelter. Thanks!

KittyCat_chitchat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You're most welcome. Well done for responding so maturely. It's great that you're adopting from a shelter. Best of luck with your search!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I emailed them to ask and the lady was very rude saying they can’t verify he is. Sadly, I will not be adopting him as I feel like 300 + for a domestic medium hair is too much. Thank you for your help!
I hate it when shelters do that. Why can't they just put a regular adoption fee on the kitten and say "looks a lot like a rag doll" etc.?
Sunnybunny25 Sunnybunny25 I hope you find the perfect kitten. :)

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I hate it when shelters do that. Why can't they just put a regular adoption fee on the kitten and say "looks a lot like a rag doll" etc.?
Sunnybunny25 Sunnybunny25 I hope you find the perfect kitten. :)
Because they couldn't get 3-4x the price that way, it's retail rescue and there are a lot of those types. Both breeders and rescues can be shady and unethical, people have to really do their research.