Radiofrequency, Radio Collars Smart Meters And Cat Health

Jojo&Tutu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I personally do not recommend using a radio anything on a cat. Current research shows extremely horrific health effects from exposure to radiofrequency including cancer. I put my phone on airplane mode when not using and I highly recommend getting rid of your smart meters as they really cause inflammation and cancer. Both my cat and I got tumors at the same time one year after the gas smart meters were installed next door. I am currently trying to get them off my block.
See:
ntp.niehs.nih.gov
saferemr.com
bioiniative.org
sagereports.com
ncbi.nim.nih.gov

Saferemr.com see overview of contents

Last edited by a moderator:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Interesting...

I hope both you and your cat are okay after discovering the tumors :vibes::vibes::vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jojo&Tutu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Saferemr.com see overview of contents
Thank you for your concern. Tutu's tumor was a very rare benign liver tumor. After biopsy it bled. She needed a blood transfusion was in hospital for several days and had 1/3 of her liver removed. It was scary and expensive but she recovered. She struggled with pancreatitis for two years after. Her meds are adjusted and I think she is close to ok so long as she is on medications. My tumor is a parotid gland tumor. It will eventually become cancer. It is being watched by head and neck university surgeon. They both occurred one year after gas smart meters went in on my block. Since water smart meters went in my eyes are constantly bruised, my hair is falling out and my wrist bone popped out with a growth being watched. I found research that both my cat and my tumor are caused by radiofrequency. My neurologist wrote letters for ADA accommodations for removal of the smart meters on my block. Smart meters have a circuit board generating conducted emissions all the time that reradiate into homes on gas water and electric lines, they don't just emit the radiated transmission when they transmit usage. I am about to file with the US justice dept. against three utility companies and two homeowner associations. I took two cases to CA Fair housing and the investigator screwed up the cases so I will be filing against the state of CA. - Fair Housing. The excessive radiofrequency environment causes inflammation on our and our cats bodies. It can lead to cancer and neurological reactions that I have. There are many scientists proving this but it is very hard to go up against utility companies and dirty politics. One professor from UC Berkeley had to sue the California health department just to get them to disclose the health effects of radiofrequency to the public and he won by the way. So there was a two minute blip on CBS news disclosing it. Everyone loves technology and believe me I do too but we are dangerously overloading our environment causing our animals and ourselves to be ill.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I had to return my FitBit HR because it was hurting to have it. Funny thing was I wore an older HR model for a year but when I replaced it I started having pain. Took off the device and pain went away. Didn't wear it for a month, then put it back on, pain within minutes. I called the company and they didn't even question the reason. Found out if happens for a lot of people.

I really don't disagree that radio frequency exposure or even cell phones exposure can cause adverse reactions. Having had cats go missing in the past and one of my current was missing for several days. The risk of not having some way of finding them in emergency or if they get hurt is scarier then side effects we don't fully understand the triggers of.

Jojo&Tutu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Instead of letting your cats out or risking them getting out why not build them a "catio" - a safe fenced in space to enjoy outside. No cars no cayotes no radio collars needed. We do understand the "triggers" and side effects of radiofrequency exposures. Perhaps you could do some research looking at the websites I listed. If you were in pain wearing the Fitbit I do not understand why you would do this to your cats. It is so sad. Read the following summary:
Effects of Exposure to Electromagnetic Fields: 833 Studies
Government and industry-linked scientists often claim that the research on the effects of exposure to electromagnetic fields (EMF) is inconsistent, and that more research is needed before precautionary warnings are issued or regulatory guidelines are strengthened.
Although most of the research on cell phones has focused on radio frequency radiation (RFR), these wireless devices also produce extremely low frequency electromagnetic fields (ELF EMF). The International Agency for Research on Cancer of the World Health Organization classified ELF EMF “possibly carcinogenic to humans” (Group 2B) a decade earlier than RFR.
Dr. Henry Lai, Professor Emeritus at the University of Washington and Co-Editor-in-Chief of the journal Electromagnetic Biology and Medicine, has compiled summaries of several areas of the research on the biologic and health effects of exposure to RFR and ELF EMF. His sets of abstracts which cover the period from 1990 to 2017 constitute a comprehensive collection of this research.
Dr. Lai finds that the preponderance of the research has found that exposure to RFR or ELF EMF produces oxidative stress or free radicals, and damages DNA. Moreover the preponderance of RFR studies that examined neurological outcomes has found significant effects.
The evidence for DNA damage has been found more consistently in animal and human (in vivo) studies than in studies of cell samples (in vitro).
The abstracts can be downloaded from the BioInitiative web site by clicking on the links below.
Top Line Results
Radiofrequency radiation:

· 90% (n=180) of 200 oxidative stress (or free radical) studies report significant effects.
· 64% (n=49) of 76 DNA comet assay studies report significant effects.
o 54% (n=25) of 46 in vitro studies report significant effects.
o 80% (n=24) of 30 in vivo studies report significant effects.
· 72% (n=235) of 325 neurological studies report significant effects.
Extremely low frequency electromagnetic fields:
· 87% (n=162) of 186 oxidative stress (or free radical) studies report significant effects.
· 74% (n=34) of 46 DNA comet assay studies report significant effects.
o 68% (n=21) of 31 in vitro studies report significant effects.
o 87% (n=13) of 15 in vivo studies report significant effects.
Radiofrequency Radiation (3,000 Hz - 300 GHz):
RFR Research Summary (1990-2017)

Jojo&Tutu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
if your company of your radio collar says it is only on when you turn on your controller I believe that is not true. If the collar itself has a battery and a circuit board that means it is always on watching for the transmission from your controller telling it to start radiating transmissions but while in a stand-by mode it still is generating conducted emissions. It is always exposing your cat to radiofrequency. Radiofrequency causes great neurological discomfort along with long term cancer risks from DNA breaks. This is a known fact now.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Radio frequency does cause effects at high levels, I don't disagree. A small pocket watch size battery device though is extremely low level.

I know that I reacted to the FitBit after years of constant wear, but millions wear them with no effect. I also react to ever known man made scented product, all animals, certain fabrics, most plants and some foods. If I assumed that my reaction to something meant it was bad for everyone I would have to live in a bubble and tell everyone else to never buy any manufactured artifical scented products and kill all plants. That is why I don't decide that me reacting means I should not use any electronics in my life. Everyone and every animal will react differently. I don't react to the millions of radio frequency signals I am exposed to in life, just the one.

I really do understand that you believe your and your cats medical problems trace to radio frequency exposure. I don't discount the dangers of high level exposure. I don't even disbelieve that something in your specific area contributed to your medical problems, I really don't. But I still do not believe that the levels from such a small source that is in sleep mode negate the benefits of having the device. I do understand that it is likely not completely inert when the control unit is off. I do know that even when I stand in the same room with them it takes a good 30 seconds for the signal from the control unit to turn on the tracker and activate it. Plus the battery lasting for over a year (so far) based on my usage. All leads me to believe it is in a true sleep mode and therefore a very low level. Surely no more than the radio, TV, Bluetooth and every other electronic device they and I come in contact with.

Research into the true long term effects is still in it's infancy. Science agrees that high exposure is bad, science agrees that there is likely a connection to a specific cancer, the WHO agreed that radio frequency is a probable cancer cause, and OSHA agreed that touching an actual tower can cause physical burns. But it is a huge leap from high exposure causes burns and reactions and regular cell phone exposure may cause a specific brain cancer, to even low level exposure of any type causes all types of cancer in all mammalian creatures. If any low level will cause problems we are all in trouble because radio frequency signals are everywhere and only getting more prevalent.

Again, I do understand why you have the stance you do. I respect that. Please respect that I let my cats out and use trackers because I personally believe after reading the research from multiple sources that the risk is negotiable. Part of my view may be from being in California where even Disneyland has signs at the gates saying "some chemicals on this property are known in the state of California to cause cancer" along with nearly every store and even some food products. Part of it is probably my high level of allergens so the world is already caustic to me. If you look hard enough everything is out to kills us.

Jojo&Tutu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Radio frequency does cause effects at high levels, I don't disagree. A small pocket watch size battery device though is extremely low level.

I know that I reacted to the FitBit after years of constant wear, but millions wear them with no effect. I also react to ever known man made scented product, all animals, certain fabrics, most plants and some foods. If I assumed that my reaction to something meant it was bad for everyone I would have to live in a bubble and tell everyone else to never buy any manufactured artifical scented products and kill all plants. That is why I don't decide that me reacting means I should not use any electronics in my life. Everyone and every animal will react differently. I don't react to the millions of radio frequency signals I am exposed to in life, just the one.

I really do understand that you believe your and your cats medical problems trace to radio frequency exposure. I don't discount the dangers of high level exposure. I don't even disbelieve that something in your specific area contributed to your medical problems, I really don't. But I still do not believe that the levels from such a small source that is in sleep mode negate the benefits of having the device. I do understand that it is likely not completely inert when the control unit is off. I do know that even when I stand in the same room with them it takes a good 30 seconds for the signal from the control unit to turn on the tracker and activate it. Plus the battery lasting for over a year (so far) based on my usage. All leads me to believe it is in a true sleep mode and therefore a very low level. Surely no more than the radio, TV, Bluetooth and every other electronic device they and I come in contact with.

Research into the true long term effects is still in it's infancy. Science agrees that high exposure is bad, science agrees that there is likely a connection to a specific cancer, the WHO agreed that radio frequency is a probable cancer cause, and OSHA agreed that touching an actual tower can cause physical burns. But it is a huge leap from high exposure causes burns and reactions and regular cell phone exposure may cause a specific brain cancer, to even low level exposure of any type causes all types of cancer in all mammalian creatures. If any low level will cause problems we are all in trouble because radio frequency signals are everywhere and only getting more prevalent.

Again, I do understand why you have the stance you do. I respect that. Please respect that I let my cats out and use trackers because I personally believe after reading the research from multiple sources that the risk is negotiable. Part of my view may be from being in California where even Disneyland has signs at the gates saying "some chemicals on this property are known in the state of California to cause cancer" along with nearly every store and even some food products. Part of it is probably my high level of allergens so the world is already caustic to me. If you look hard enough everything is out to kills us.
Unfortunately scientists are finding low level chronic exposure does cause health effects including cancer. Instead of a radio collar there are fences for your yard that prevent your cat from getting out or you could build a catio - a fenced in outdoor space. That would keep your cats safe from cars and cayotes and reduce the inflammatory effects of the device on them while still allowing them the pleasure of outdoors. The radio collar on your cat is not so small in relation to their size. Can you imagine wearing a watch that size covering your neck? I would recommend you do some reading. Your own health reactions are radiofrequency sensitivity or electromagnetic sensitivity. It often goes hand in hand with some chemical sensitivity. I have both and can barely walk when I am exposed too much. There is lots you can do to reduce your exposures in your home - like opting out of smart meters, using old fashioned incandescent light bulbs instead of halogen or fluorescent, keeping appliances and light fixtures unplugged when not in use, putting your cell phone on airplane mode when not in use.
"Non industry-funded studies have clearly demonstrated a significant increase in cancer cases among individuals who have suffered from prolonged exposure to low-level microwaves" from saferemr website

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Unfortunately scientists are finding low level chronic exposure does cause health effects including cancer. Instead of a radio collar there are fences for your yard that prevent your cat from getting out or you could build a catio - a fenced in outdoor space. That would keep your cats safe from cars and cayotes and reduce the inflammatory effects of the device on them while still allowing them the pleasure of outdoors. The radio collar on your cat is not so small in relation to their size. Can you imagine wearing a watch that size covering your neck? I would recommend you do some reading. Your own health reactions are radiofrequency sensitivity or electromagnetic sensitivity. It often goes hand in hand with some chemical sensitivity. I have both and can barely walk when I am exposed too much. There is lots you can do to reduce your exposures in your home - like opting out of smart meters, using old fashioned incandescent light bulbs instead of halogen or fluorescent, keeping appliances and light fixtures unplugged when not in use, putting your cell phone on airplane mode when not in use.
"Non industry-funded studies have clearly demonstrated a significant increase in cancer cases among individuals who have suffered from prolonged exposure to low-level microwaves" from saferemr website
Rocket is tiny and yes it looks big on her. On the other two it isn't so drastic and I have worn necklaces that size so I do know how it feels. I don't own the property I live on or have control over the yard, so I can't build a catio or change the fencing. Keeping the cats indoor 24/7 is also not an option but I do keep them inside at night to keep them safe from coyotes. I, again, ask that you respect that my home situation is what it is.

I have done reading on the subject since I am sensitive. I have not found anything saying low levels are harmful to all mammals or all people. Just that some are more sensitive to others. Many of what I have read are not far reaching studies or verified. Most say they are pending further research for verification or that further study is needed. The basic problem does come back to there is so much exposure and so many other factors that it is difficult to single out one thing. Most of what I have read on General Inflammation shows it is linked to diet more than radio frequency as well and having done elimination diet I don't disagree with that. If you have links to specific studies that have been duplicated showing low level exposure links I would be interested in checking them out.

Jojo&Tutu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There is a risk with chronic exposures. Reducing other sources of inflammation such as food certainly helps as I have done for my cat and I. If you can keep a collar on your cat with a plastic ID with your name and phone number perhaps that would be better than the radio ID.
Etsy has a collar that is called gopuppyid that doesn't have anything hanging rather your name and phone number are on the collar itself and you can say reward too. Maybe better for your cat.
Custom Personalized Embroidered Nylon Breakaway Cat Collar W/Bell

Here are some specific radiofrequency health research references. There are more references in them:

https://ntp.niehs.nih.gov/ntp/research/areas/cellphone/slides_bioem_wyde.pdf

https://ntp.niehs.nih.gov/ntp/about_ntp/trpanel/2018/march/tr595peerdraft.pdf

http://www.bioinitiative.org/report...RFR-12-14-neurological-effects-2007-2017.docx

http://www.bioinitiative.org/report/wp-content/uploads/pdfs/RFR12-14-researchSummary.docx

Electromagnetic Radiation Safety: Effects of Exposure to Electromagnetic Fields: 833 Studies

Electromagnetic Radiation Safety: Health Experts Caution About Smart Meters

The implications of non-linear biological oscillations on human electrophysiology for electrohypersensitivity (EHS) and multiple chemical sensitivity... - PubMed - NCBI

Reliable disease biomarkers characterizing and identifying electrohypersensitivity and multiple chemical sensitivity as two etiopathogenic aspects of... - PubMed - NCBI

EUROPAEM EMF Guideline 2016 for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of EMF-related health problems and illnesses. - PubMed - NCBI

Good luck to you