Radar went to the vet

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He had an allergic reaction (not a serious life-threatening reaction, just an itchy annoying type reaction!) to an insect bite of some kind on his leg, he managed to make his thigh almost completely bald in the space of 24 hours and was worrying the affected area so it looked a bit gory. We don't have much in the way of venomous insects here, it was just a reaction to a bite from something that wouldn't normally cause problems on that scale. No sign of fleas or mites on him but they are all getting a dose of Stronghold just in case.

I took him to the vet today and he had an injection of methylprednisolone and is feeling a lot better now (albeit a bit grumpy), but if anyone has some spare vibes that they could send his way it would be much appreciated

Unfortunately Radar does have a slightly allergic tendency, this isn't the first time he's ended up at the vet due to allergic skin issues.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
First, I have to say, I love his name, Radar.
Now Radar, boy, you quit that scratching and get better. Lots of healing vibes are being sent your way, sweet boy. Keep us posted about him.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Long time no see! (unless I have just completely missed any other posts you've made elsewhere). I was just thinking about you and Radar the other day when one of my kittens was longingly looking towards the top of a door.

I have one that has issues with mosquitoes. Any chance a mosquito or biting fly could have slipped in? They can sometimes get through window screens - though if you had a window open and Radar could have been in it he could even get bitten through the screen.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome back!!!! It's great to see you again! I think we need a general update and some photos please

I'm glad that handsome Radar is ok now