Racoons, Trap Damage And Surprising Customer Service

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A66117FB-18B2-4A77-BCBD-CB97A59179A7.jpeg
E5B8F375-31E4-4D8B-83A8-41BD53EB8A26.jpeg
well you can see what a really BIG racoon did to my trap recently. So I figured there’s another $70 bucks shot.
So I emailed the company to see about a replacement treadle since the trap was at least 4-5 years old. Of course it’s not available as a replacement, too old. Said thanks anyway to the girl. But UPS today brought a brand new two trap package from Advantek! Free shipping and no cost and a pleasant surprise.
Just had to share my good fortune since being on a fixed income broken traps really hurt my budget. And to say thanks to the company for going the extra mile with customer service! Rare this day and age. Guess when you do good (rescue, tnr) good things come you’re way.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How fortunate for you! Yea To Advantek for helping you out. Raccoons are such a menace. I recently moved out to a more rural area. The raccoons here are awful. They have taken down many of my bird feeders that I thought I had secured and even climbed up a tall wooden pole and got around the baffle to destroy my feeder. Ugh. We added flashing all around the wooden pole and so far so good.
I hope the new traps will work well for you.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
That is such good news!!
I'm waiting to see how things go around here, I've already seen one this year, in alleged 'burbia...

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How fortunate for you! Yea To Advantek for helping you out. Raccoons are such a menace. I recently moved out to a more rural area. The raccoons here are awful. They have taken down many of my bird feeders that I thought I had secured and even climbed up a tall wooden pole and got around the baffle to destroy my feeder. Ugh. We added flashing all around the wooden pole and so far so good.
I hope the new traps will work well for you.
If only they were as sweet as they are cute. We had to get rid of our bird feeders because of squirrels.

That was awesome of them trudy1 trudy1 ! That must have been a nice surprise. I would not want to have to try to deal with a raccoon big enough to do that. You are far braver than I am.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice! I got a raccoon in a cheap TSC trap---it was only $25 so I guess I didn't expect much---and he bent it all out of shape. I just hammered it back. Raccoons are strong!

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so nice of the company to do that. Good things do come to those that TNR.