Rachel Ray Nutrish

imjustacatmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aloha everyone it has been a very long time since I have started a thread, I hope I am doing it right.
I have been using RRN for a very long time now with no real issues. The last couple/few month's I noticed the texture, size, and smell has changed...and in the last 3-4 weeks both kitties have been gething diarrhea like once a week. More so with my boy than with my girl. I called our family vet she suggested probiotics before bringing them in as it's not both cats at both times and consistent.
I feel it's the change in quality of RRN food and so does my hubby, however we don't want to jump to conclusions. This is why I am posting. Does anyone else use RRN indoor complete dry food and are they having any issues at all....and this has to be recent as far back as June 2018-present?
Thank you kindly for the response

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rachel Ray Nutrish is currently in the middle of a class action lawsuits. False advertising and that it contains a herbacide. I wouldn't be surprised if they have made changes to the formula as a result, or it could just be a generic formula change. I personally haven't heard someone say something positive about Rachel Ray Nutrish food or the brand. If you are now having problems it may be time to look at different options.

Chewy.com has a fairly decent dry food at a reasonable price you might be interested in, American Journey Chicken Recipe Grain-Free Dry Cat Food

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

imjustacatmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you @Keika
I read about the lawsuit and saw that they merged with Smuckers....my babies are no longer on RRN...I cannot trust it...we are on a high protein grain free food that they transitioned really well into....and I contacted RRN they are sending a box so I can send the food in and they are gonna test it she said...