R I P Tony Bennett

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
😢 So soon after my Grandma. I left My Heart in San Francisco was my grandparent’s song because they met there during WW2. My cousins took her to see him before he stopped touring; when her mind was slipping but not so much that she couldn’t sing along and enjoy every minute. It feels like he was the last of the crooner generation.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To be honest,I've never been a fan,but I have to say I did enjoy his performances here the last few years with Gaga,Elton John and Carrie Underwood.He really seemed to be enjoying himself immensely in a time where some of the older established performers wouldn't give the " youngsters" the time of day.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
To be honest,I've never been a fan,but I have to say I did enjoy his performances here the last few years with Gaga,Elton John and Carrie Underwood.He really seemed to be enjoying himself immensely in a time where some of the older established performers wouldn't give the " youngsters" the time of day.
I too wasn't a fan of the crooners. He did have a beautiful voice and he did always seem so happy doing what he was doing. He continued with the concerts for several years after he was diagnosed with dementia.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw him once in CT at a tiny dive bar, right after a completely opposite kinda band went on called Catherine Wheel. In fact, I think they did a duet together. I admire his second career, not easy to do, playing w/ everyone from Elvis Costello to Aretha Franklin.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow,had no idea Mr Tony passed away-he sang at my cousins High School Prom in NYC Waldorf Astoria on Park Avenue..... he was wonderful

My cousin wanted me at his Prom( the one who built my cat enclosure & cat escape proofed my hallway with a door)we are super duper close- I went with one of his buddies who didn't have a date- it was a really fun night,memorable

RIP Tony Benedetto-pisano❤