Quirks!

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
What are some of your cats quirks? Odd or weird it may be!

Monet can't stand to have my back to him when sleeping on bed with him. If I roll over, he would step over me to get back to my front. If I roll to my back, he would usually settle on my tummy!

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bretten's the quirkiest of my three, and l think his biggest quirk is his dogged obsession with anything new. Once he discovers something he wants to do it over and over and over again.

For example, he's learned how to answer the phone, so now whenever it rings, l don't have time to get to it before he's got it off the hook. He also presses the answer machine button to listen to the messages.

And, l had to buy a new printer because the old Lexmark had the power button on the top. He would sit on the printer and push the button over and over to feel the cartridges moving underneath him.

thesighrye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Those are both really cute examples. Funny how their quirks can sometimes be the most endearing things about cats.

Bellatrix has this odd ritual with drinking water. A lot of cats bat their water dish around or knock it over, and we finally have a setup where she can't do that as easily. Still....I'll fill the water chamber, connect it to the bottom and flip it over so the water starts "bloop bloop bloop"ing into the 'dish' part....

She'll sit there, in awe of this noise...then dunk her ENTIRE forearm into the dish and bat at the back of it, take her arm out, look at her dripping paw, flick it a little, then drink the water from her paw. I swear she gets enough water this way. I've seen her do this for 5-10mins at a time before!

And sometimes she shocks the heck out of me and drinks it like a normal cat. Sometimes I take pictures of this. 

Last edited:

meuzettesmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Quirky cats are all I have
Ray stays on the kitchen counter and never leaves the kitchen
Mittens stays under the tub and he has the bathroom
Cowboy is the littel brother to everyone and others them all. But he is just having fun. Nothing mean
Peanut stays with me when i am home. When you come home, he won't let you be until you say 'hi' back And he gets loud following me around the house
Lucky loves popcorn. Has to be the old kind with butter. He doesn't want you to give him a pice he wants to pick it out himself the perfect morsel
Caz has a silent meow. He tryes to talk but he can't. He ah ah at you
Speedie when you pick him up gets so excited his purr sounds like a tribble from Star Trek.
Willie nomatter where he is will always answer you when you call his name. Verbily and comes.
Jill

alyssam

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Nel has an internal clock set for 5:30am EVERY morning. She will climb on my chest, put her nose to my cheek and I will wake up to the feeling of her whiskers tickling me. Then she lets out this cute little meow  to let me know she wants to go outside. Goofy little thing she is. 

cuddly calico

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When I watch tv, Kyo will sit on my lap and watch with me. If he doesn't like it, he nudges the remote until I change it. Can cats even watch tv?

thesighrye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So many times Bella has been wicked into watching my silly little drama shows, documentaries, etc with me. Yes, cats can watch tv :D

nicolina

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mishka tilts her head back and forth while looking at the food you're about to eat. Just like a dog. It looks very silly.

And Inara growls when the doorbell rings... She doesn't particularly like strangers, but she's part russian blue. 

And my oldest one, my little baby, likes to climb up me and perch on my shoulder. He's been doing it since he was a kitten and he used to snuggle up in my hair.

He's grown since to a very big cat, so he barely fits, and I have short-ish hair now, but he still does it. :)

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think Sinbad's weirdest quirk is the nightly ritual that must be completed every night.

At 10:30, Mommy and Daddy must be preparing for bed. Any one who is late is treated to hard stares and loud complaints until the offender stops whatever they are doing and comes to bed. Sinbad hides under the bed watching.

Mommy must finish brushing her teeth and everything else and be in bed before Daddy. If she is late, this is unforgivable and punishable by yowls and soft paw bats to get her moving faster. As she's climbing into bed, Sinbad zooms out from under the bed, runs downstairs and hides somewhere.

Daddy must then finish what he's doing, but only after Sinbad has found a good hiding place, and come down to look for him. Then once found, Daddy must carry Sinbad up to bed and put him next to Mommy for scritches. If Daddy fails to go get Sinbad, this is punishable by loud meows, and a repetition of Sinbad sneaking under the bed and making loud noises as he zooms down the stairs - over and over and over and over until Daddy gets the message and goes to find him.

Five minutes of scritches, then it's time to go get a drink and use the litter box and wait for Daddy to go to sleep. The moment Daddy falls asleep, Sinbad jumps back up onto the bed and hunts for my left foot to sleep on.

It is very strange, but this is what must happen every night. lol