quick query regarding blues

defanged

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
actually, i have two questions (unrelated):

1. does either the RB or korat have unusually pigmented foot pads? instead of grey, almost reddish/burgundy? some books/sites say one thing, some something else. so what is the final word?

2. While I couldn't care less if my cat belongs to an actual breed or not (i don't think i've ever had a purebred pet in my life), I am interested in her genetic heritage, just because.... well, it's interesting. i was wondering if anyone could recommend a particular DNA test kit available online.... preferably one that someone has personal experience with (even better if they've been able to check the veracity of their results...)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
In the parallell tread: is she a RB or a mix, there is a link to a place doing tests.  I myself dont have any experience of the tests, but possibly the poster has.

Yes, the soles shall not be grey. They are usually described as mauve, ie  lily in english, I think.

Re the pic of your cat, that angle is not good to give any opinion, but I would guesss IF any breed, so more probably korat than RB