Questions and problems

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I finally got my avatar to change, don't know exactly how I did it
  Thanks for all the help and hope I can change it when the time comes.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
How do we change our quotes  under our posts.  Can't find that on my personal profile.
Go to My Profile at the top --->Your Community Profile--->(scroll all the way down to) Your Forum Signature--->Edit Signature Text.

Last edited:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe I missed it somewhere, but how do you make a "rotating" avatar?
You can use this site. It seems to work best if you upload pictures that are 300 pixels square. I had trouble saving the image to my computer, so I opened Irfanview (free software), used that to open the image from my Downloads file, then used Move to save it to my Pictures file.

Last edited:

catmanrob

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You can use this site. It seems to work best if you upload pictures that are 300 pixels square. I had trouble saving the image to my computer, so I opened Irfanview (free software), used that to open the image from my Downloads file, then used Move to save it to my Pictures file.
Thanks jcat. I'll give that a try.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The color scheme bothers my eyes, but not immensely, but after a few minutes they feel achy. I'm finding it a little hard to navigate, to find threads I've subscribed to, etc, but a lot of that is just not trying out all the buttons and such yet! So, it's just a little odd yet to me.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I just started a separate thread with status updates about known issues/bugs. It won't deal with How-To's, but only with things that require "fixing".

You'll be glad to know the color scheme is on that list, since LDG pointed out to me that there was indeed an issue with a specific bright red on some pages. That bit will be fixed - although the general color scheme stays. Basically, we'll be back to the old default color scheme.

That thread is posted to the formal announcements forum here -
http://www.thecatsite.com/t/237864/issues-with-site-conversion-to-new-platform-status-updates

Thank you everyone for your patience! Your reports are incredibly valuable and I'm sure that we can make this place work properly pretty soon!

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I still can't get to the page at work. I tried clearing Cache, I tried resetting my internet browser, I tried on Firefox and Chrome.. Safari is my main browser. No dice! I keep getting "cannot open page" Errors. I am going nuts at work without TCS!!

Any ideas? Help?

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry, a couple of questions:

#1 How do I turn off the option to NOT get an email every time I get a PM???? Don't want that.

#2 I saved my Informative PM Box to my email before the switch. BUT it was just a copied link of that page. Now I can't access any of those important saved messages in my "old" informative box. It says "system error". :doh3: I should have printed them or something because that link I copied was from the "old" site. Are they gone for good?

Thanks SOOOO :thanks: much for answering all of our questions. :hugs: and :heart:

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Right that bottom button works intermittently so I think I can deal with that but for other members the top two buttons do not work on HTCs

This reloading though Jimny crickets lol

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Right that bottom button works intermittently so I think I can deal with that but for other members the top two buttons do not work on HTCs

This reloading though Jimny crickets lol
Download Opera mini, Ashley. It's free and works much better than the HTC browser. I'm not having any trouble with the drop-down boxes with the former.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry, a couple of questions:

#1 How do I turn off the option to NOT get an email every time I get a PM???? Don't want that.

#2 I saved my Informative PM Box to my email before the switch. BUT it was just a copied link of that page. Now I can't access any of those important saved messages in my "old" informative box. It says "system error". :doh3: I should have printed them or something because that link I copied was from the "old" site. Are they gone for good?

Thanks SOOOO :thanks: much for answering all of our questions. :hugs: and :heart:
Go to My Profile--->Edit Account Details--->Email Preferences and Notify me by email when another user messages me. AFAIK, your PMs aren't in the folders you made at the old site, but all of them should be in the database. You'll probably have to do a search (Search Messages on the left) or go through them all to find the important ones again and reorganize them, i.e., make new custom folders (Manage folders on the left above the search box).

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can we request that one of the smileys be replaced with the vibes smiley? :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

And is there a way to quickly find threads created by members as opposed to posts? In TCS1 there were "quick links" - this included a members list. And in profiles, we could choose to see "stats," and look up either posts or threads.

In TCS2, if I've checked thoroughly, and PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong, we have to

1) just "search" on a member name (so hopefully you remember it, vs. getting a list of options with the "members" quick link)
2) click on a thread that user posted in
3) click on the username to go to the profile
4) and what we can see is "recent activity" (which appears to be sorted oddly?)
5) Any way to find just threads started by a user?

THANK YOU

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
The "New Cats on the Block" forum is marked Private.  How can I regain access?  Thank you!

That's an odd one. We'll have to look into it. :)

Can we request that one of the smileys be replaced with the vibes smiley? :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:
And is there a way to quickly find threads created by members as opposed to posts? In TCS1 there were "quick links" - this included a members list. And in profiles, we could choose to see "stats," and look up either posts or threads.
In TCS2, if I've checked thoroughly, and PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong, we have to
1) just "search" on a member name (so hopefully you remember it, vs. getting a list of options with the "members" quick link)
2) click on a thread that user posted in
3) click on the username to go to the profile
4) and what we can see is "recent activity" (which appears to be sorted oddly?)
5) Any way to find just threads started by a user?
THANK YOU
(:vibes: isn't working? )

ETA - huh guess not.

OK, if you hover over their name in a post, it will give you the options to see all posts or threads started. Not sure if that helps.

Last edited: