Questions about organs other than liver...

harrylime

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all,

Haven't posted in a while, and I've been buying a lot of commercial raw and other high quality commercial wet food for the last few years, but I want to start making my own food again.

I just want a second set of eyes on this question... I wrote to HareToday and didn't receive a satisfactory answer.

Is ground venison + venison liver + Alnutrin with calcium, appropriate/complete to feed my cat, or do I need to add heart, and other organs as well? There is no "venison organ mix" offered by HareToday, so I'd have to add other organs separately if needed.

And what is the correct ratio of everything, including Alnutrin, if I'm using the above ingredients? I'd probably start out just making 10lbs or so.

Thank you!

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
You might try emailing the company that makes Alnutrin (knowwhatyoufeed.com). But I also found this thread you started in 2018 that might help:
I Need A Raw Venison Recipe With No Poultry Products

It’s my understanding that with Alnutrin with Calcium, you need the ground meat plus the liver plus the appropriate amount of Alnutrin, following the directions on the package. It doesn’t indicate that any other organs are needed.