Questions About Labor Signs!

Eeidson2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is in her last stages of her first pregnancy. She is nesting, her nipples are huge and lactating. Her kittens have been moving aggressively for about two weeks now. She is constantly rolling over for me to rub her belly. Today I noticed about 2 kittens heads were down and close to the bottom of her stomach. She is still eating and her vaginal area isn't swollen. If the heads are facing down, does that mean they should come soon?

Attachments

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, she is close.

Do you have nest options set up for her? Do you have kitten supplies? You should at least have powdered kitten milk replacer, a needleless syringe, a small scale that weighs in grams, and a heating pad.

Can you keep mom inside and away from intact males? Do you plan to spay her after this litter has weaned?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
As I understand, she has began to drop as the kittens are facing downwards, but she hasnt dropped as yet, and the kittens still very movable. It it proceeds as theory says, it will take a couple of days more, delivery after she has dropped.

Continue to rub her bells if she wants and allows, its a nice massage, and also, helps things going.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Eeidson2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, she is close.

Do you have nest options set up for her? Do you have kitten supplies? You should at least have powdered kitten milk replacer, a needleless syringe, a small scale that weighs in grams, and a heating pad.

Can you keep mom inside and away from intact males? Do you plan to spay her after this litter has weaned?
Yes, I have set low nesting boxes all over the house but she keeps trying to find more secluded areas or in bigger boxes where it's darker. We have most of the supplies except the kitten feeding supplies and the scale.

I've definitely been keeping her inside because the male keeps coming around calling for her in the mornings.

We had planned to get her spayed before she got pregnant but the vet died and they had to put me on a waiting list until they were able to hire a new one. So definitely, we will make sure we get it done asap.

Eeidson2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
As I understand, she has began to drop as the kittens are facing downwards, but she hasnt dropped as yet, and the kittens still very movable. It it proceeds as theory says, it will take a couple of days more, delivery after she has dropped.

Continue to rub her bells if she wants and allows, its a nice massage, and also, helps things going.
Thank you so much! I am sort anxious!

Eeidson2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Super*