TriciaSchumaker

Chantilly Tiffany lovebug
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_0158.JPG
IMG_0138.JPG
IMG_0621.JPG
Hi all!
I am new to this forum and need some help.
I have owned several pure bread cats including a Manx and a Silver Shaded Persian, but my last little girl came to me as a fixed stray. I live in the country and it is not unusual to find pets and pure breeds dumped to fend for themselves. She was fixed, skinny and wanted nothing more than to be back inside a house, and, of course, won my heart.
She was an 8 lb long hair with hair tufts in her ears and between her toes and pads. She had a longer ruff, shortened nose and round golden eyes, medium body and bushy tail. Her personality was intelligent, dog like, sweet and gentle. She had a soft chirpy voice and was very talkative. She also had a delicate stomach and eventually developed intestinal lymphoma and succumbed last month after a year long battle.
All of these traits remind me of a breed that I remember from when I was active in CFA, the Chantilly (Tiffany), which I thought was extinct.
Please let me know if there are still breeders out there as we would love nothing more than being blessed with another one of these cats.
Thank you,
Tricia

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TriciaSchumaker

Kitten
Purraise
I wanted to add that Her fur was silky like a Persian without the double coat.

British Girls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I searched for Chantilly/Tiffany breeders but the only association that has those cats are TCA (Traditional Cat Association) but they can be a bit 'iffy' when it comes to actual pure/pedigree cats, so not sure if you want to go with them; it's your choice. I wish you the best of luck!
The Chantilly/Tiffany Cat FAQs
Let me know if you need anything else

I also found this (Not sure if they are still available tho):
Hypoallergenic Chantilly Tiffany kittens | Cats & Kittens for Rehoming | Markham / York Region | Kijiji

Actually, they prob are. The ad was posted yesterday! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

TriciaSchumaker

Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for replying. It seems that this breed has all but disappeared. So sad since my girl was so sweet and having a cat without the undercoat is appealing to those with allergies.
They say it was a cross between Havana, Russian blue and Turkish but it seems closer related to the Nebelung.

If anyone has more insight, I would appreciate it.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Your kitty was absolutely gorgeous. I’m so sorry for your loss.

The Chantilly-Tiffany breed was thought to be extinct until the 1960s, when a pair showed up at an estate sale. The breed was re-established then, until 2015, when the last Chantilly-Tiffany cat (Cacao Criadero’s Acey) was spayed, so it is now, once again, considered extinct. Chantilly-Tiffany - Wikipedia

TriciaSchumaker

Kitten
Purraise
That is what I read too, yet there is a breeder in Canada advertising them. Makes me curious. Miss Bebe was about 15 when she passed. I had her for 12 years so it is very possible she was a Chantilly.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m betting that there are still some out there, just not in the hands of those who know what they have. Or care. They just love them as a kitty. A purebred one may be hard to find but surely someone kept the line going. Beautiful! 2015 wasn’t that long ago. Good luck.