Question......

irishguy598

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all...recently i came across a female himalayan cat. The previous owner had to get rid of her and instead of letting her go to the pound i took her. The owner said she had been to vet before--foudn out that was a lie. They also said she was spayed. Well, last night i noticed some signs of heat...she is vocalizing alot more and also rubbing her rear on furniture and whoever is petting her. Anyhow, i also have 2 other cats...males...both neutered. Well, today i went into my den and found one of the males on top of her. They keep going back to it. I was wondering if this could result in pregnancy? He is about 11 months old, got him fixed about 3 months ago. I had seen before that a neutered male could still reproduce up to a month after, but 3 months? I seperated them, but when i left to run errands i came back and he was on top of her again. I was just wondering why he has any kind of sex drive and/or can he actually still get her pregnant?? please let me know, ty

gizzysgrandma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If cats are anything like dogs it is probably just a dominance thing. Altered dogs will keep mounting and humping a female if she's around, especially if they are still young and full of energy.

I don't know if cats are the same in this regard, but it would make sense. Since your males are altered, they are probably harmless...they just want to show the girl her place in the pack

gizzysgrandma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
BUT...have her checked out by a vet! It doesn't sound like she was ever spayed or given any vet care by her previous owner.