Question....

cyber cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yesterday a neighbour offered to me a 6 years old leather sofa and separate leather recliner for free, they bought a new one. After getting it into the house I smelt cat urine, it was on the separate recliner just in one spot, but I was thinking Katie might pee on it. She hasnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t done anything on it yet. I canâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t take the cushion out from the leather to replace it. Does anyone know what I should do about this?

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cyber Cat

Yesterday a neighbour offered to me a 6 years old leather sofa and separate leather recliner for free, they bought a new one. After getting it into the house I smelt cat urine, it was on the separate recliner just in one spot, but I was thinking Katie might just up and pee on it. She hasnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t done anything on it yet. I canâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t take the cushion out from the leather to replace it. Does anyone know what I should do about this?
I'd check it with a black light. If there are no stains then try an odor neutralizer like Zero Odor. If there are stains I don't know what would work with leather...

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cyber Cat

Yesterday a neighbour offered to me a 6 years old leather sofa and separate leather recliner for free, they bought a new one. After getting it into the house I smelt cat urine, it was on the separate recliner just in one spot, but I was thinking Katie might pee on it. She hasnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t done anything on it yet. I canâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t take the cushion out from the leather to replace it. Does anyone know what I should do about this?
I once had a cat who wet my new carpet. The manufacturer told me to spray it with the clear, non sudsing ammonia. The ammonia neutralized the cat urine and all was fine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cyber cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I went to the Vet and they had this stuff called Urine Erase, they said this will work. They were not sure how it would work on leather; so I bought it anyway. I took a chance and put the stuff on the leather, it still has to dry. So far it hasn't hurt the leather. I just red on this link that it does work on leather. FEW! I will let you know if it takes the urine smell away.

http://www.bedwettingstore.com/urine-erase.htm

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let me know how it works since Ox peed on the kitchen counter yesterday and my leather purse "soaked" some of it up!! I had some Enzyne cleaner that I squirted inside the purse and outside and rubbed it in and set by woodstove to dry. This morning I smelled it and I couldn't smell anything. I stuck it under all the cats noses and they sniffed it but I don't know what that proves!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cyber cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay... I put this stuff on at around 5:00 a.m. this morning, my house smells so bad like cat urine. I know it has to dry before the smell is gone but this is making me sick, I have to get out of here.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
icky-poo works on leather. I know wierd name, but the stuff works

jdpesz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've used Nature's Miracle in the past and had good luck, tho I never tried it on leather.