Question

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, how do you get the adorable little icons inside the message?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, Anne, although if I'd done the reading before I posted, I wouldn't have asked such a dumb question. But being me, I did the research about 2 minutes after I had posted the question. :eek:

C'est la vie!

blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dont we all just love those smileys ?!

Anne, i was curious if you were thinking of adding more smileys to the smiley page ? seeing as how there are soooo very many out there, and so much fun ! and addicting

sorry for the overload of questions going on with me, but seeing as how i'm a " new memeber " i'll have a few

~ katie

blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
okay, Anne, i was wandering through this other forum i visit, and there are tons of smileys over there, just for an idea of how many are available, you can check them out @

http://www.anidifranco.org/board/

but i think you'll have to post in order to view them.

the ones i like the best are the rolling smiles, the wavey, the naner, i could go on and on, but i'll stop now ! anyway, if you have time, just a thought, also, over at

http://www.atforumz.com/ (a.k.a. the-dent)

they also have tons of smileys
although there are a lot more over at the first site i mentioned

can you tell i'm a smiley addict ?

they just make posts that much brighter

~ katie

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Yes! I definitely want to add more smilies. I know where to get them too - there are special sites just for smilies. I also wanted to draw a few cat smilies especially for this forum. The days seem to be over even before they start...
I am really tired all the time. I promise I'll add the smilies soon - though you may have to wait till I finish the first trimester of my pregnancy... They say you get added energies in the second trimester and I sure do need those

blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i didnt know you were pregnant, congratulations !

i can certainly see that, being pregnant would be a change in your daily life schedule.

when i became ill, it was really difficult for me at first, adjusting to fatigue and low energy everyday, but i have good days & bad days, so it isnt always so bad, though i still get overwhelmed easier then most would.

when are you due ?

at that first site i mentioned, i noticed the woman that runs it just put in a whole lot more smiles, and two were cats ! i dont know much about this sort of thing, but i think its fairly easy, as she is constantly adding new ones, every other day ( she seems as addicted to them as i am, and so many of us !) but then again, it may be more complicated then i know, so, i can certainly wait till you are up to it.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Thanks Katie! I'm due on September 27th (it'll probably be later as this is my first baby). I just hope everything will be okay. I'm still not past the first trimester so there is still the risk of a miscarriage

I'm going for a check-up this morning. I'll try and look into the smilies today. At least I'll try and add the non-cat smilies that are already available.

blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmm.. i had thought i had seen it turned on, Anne ?

i wanted to show you a few of the ones i liked, but that darn code is off again ?!

did you turn it on, then off again, or was i hallucinating ?!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
You were not hallucinating. I only turned it on in the lounge... didn't bother to change it in the other forums. I'll change it here now.

Just please make sure the smilies are the kind that is free for use - I'd hate to violate anyone's copyrights.

blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
okay, yes, these are for puplic use, as i see them everywhere, and they even give you a guide as to how to use them, so, here are my picks

i think these are priceless .

heres my favourite

and some more...

(just cant help but like this one hehe)

well, thats all i have for now

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I don't know. I'll have to look into that. The control panel can be confusing sometimes. I've been spending hours today trying to get my user title back to administrator

Did you see the new smilies? I'll add some more from the ones you have, but I want to add some cats images too.

And you're not pestering! I needed someone like you to come here and make me do these things
Thanks!

blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes!!! i did see the new smileys, thanks for updating
i'm not as big of a smiley freak as i seem, sometimes i am in a big
mood, but lately they make me smile, when before i would be annoyed with them. ahh, well, looks like i have to accept my new love for the smileys, eh ? i am suddenly addicted to them.
hehe

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Just tryin a couple before I go on...