question

2ketzels

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
my 'Boy' seems to be a big masturbator - altho he was fixed. i took him to the vet and he verified that, yes, he was fixed. he seemed awfully interested in my little square pillow (my neck pillow) and i have since donated it to him for his fornicative activities. he seems to use it sometimes up to 4 times per day. the good news is that he leaves his sister, luna, alone, more often - altho there are times he still licks her ears and then tries to mount her. 

is there any explanation for his continued horniness?  he doesn't spray or do anything else aggravating....

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think such stories learns us they DO feel some lust. Mating and sexual activities is not just only pure instincs, but also quite a much pleasure.

My example may be when Im petting my boys on the head and so, after a while they often wants to lick their private parts, which are out...

The exact connection between cuddles and sexual feeling - I dont know. I suspect pleasure as pleasure.

So apparently, the saying mating and sex is just instincts, in not true. It IS connected with pleasure.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it also depends on how long ago he was neutered. When we got Gizmo neutered, he still got..umm..excited for a few weeks afterwards. I called the vet after the first time and he said it could take a month or two for the hormones to get out of his system.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

2ketzels

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
thank you all. i guess this will remain a mystery. thank HEAVEN he has his 'pillow girlfriend' - he's much happier with her than with luna, his sister who tends to hiss. hahahahah!