Question to the members here

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How many of you have had, or are currently dealing with your cat peeing on your bed?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We recently had this problem, but given where you've lodged this thread, I suspect you won't need to count us, as it was not a behavioural issue. It turned out to be the first signs of cancer in the bladder. We said goodbye to Cindy last Friday.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Fran, I am so sorry.
hugs for your loss-

mez!lon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My new kitten has done this twice, though she also is using the litter box frequently. not sure if its because she's not completely trained yet or what.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mez!lon

My new kitten has done this twice, though she also is using the litter box frequently. not sure if its because she's not completely trained yet or what.
Kittens, like babies, sometimes can't make it to the box in time when they gotta go. You might want to add another box or 2 in various areas until she gets a little older then take them away.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
(Knock on wood) It hasn't happened for a while now. Muddy's early chronic bladder issues were triggering all types of mayhem in my house for a while, including the other cats peeing on the areas of the bed where he liked to sleep. When his health issues are under control, the bed is safe.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank goodness no. I have never had ANY inappropriate peeing OR pooing issues with any of my babies.
They are not allowed in our bedroom however as it's a deal I made with Dana. We tried once and couldn't get any sleep at all with the kitties rampaging all over us all night...
Plus it's where we keep our betta fish & lovebirds so if we let the cats in our room, there would probably be casualties.

crystalkitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have only had one cat do that.

It was a litterbox issue with him. It HAD to be cleaned after he pooped. If it wasn't, and he needed to go, he'd go in the bathtub. If for some reason it wasn't discovered and cleaned before he had to go again, the next place was the bed. Never got beyond that ...

And I'm so sorry to hear about Cindy. She was the white one? What a beautiful cat ...