Question Of The Day, Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Let's see now...first question (for me) of a brand new month! SEPTEMBER!

If you could talk with any person FROM HISTORy, living or dead, and could ask them that ONE QUESTION that's just been making you crazy, who would it be, and what would the question be?

Again, there are SO MANY, but tonight the name that rises to the top of the heap is Charles Stewart, the time is the day after the Battle of Culloden, and the question is, "Are you proud of yourself for doing this YOUR way, and not listening to your generals?

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I believe I'd like to ask Jordin Kare (Jordin Kare - Wikipedia, Jordin Kare - Fancyclopedia 3) whether he's the person who wrote the filk of Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyrie."
We fly through the night skies,
Flashing our fat thighs,
Picking up dead guys -
You call this a job?!

I'll take the blonde guy,
You get the redhead.
Wait! He's not dead yet!​
Oh. Let him go.

Splat!
This song has been around for decades, and is very popular in both the Pagan and filk communities, but no one is sure just who wrote it. When he was alive, however, filkers noticed that Jordin seemed to get a proud, possessive look on his face whenever someone would sing it. :think:

Margret

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've started about 849 responses and my head explodes and I erase it.
I couldn't choose just one person and one question, so rather than hoping to sound all educated and philosophical and to not start a crazy debate/argument, I'd ask Don Knotts if he liked being Barney or Ralph better.
Personally, I'm a 50/50 kinda guy on that one.
Very funny man, Mr. Knotts. I have not disliked a single thing he's done on screen.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:yeah: that's what i'd ask...but who i'd ask is another question...:think:
That day was such a horrible tragedy.

Also, I wouldn't ask anything, but if I met the real "unsinkable" Molly Brown from the (non movie) Titanic I'd give her a high five. What a classy lady.
(Hell I'd give Kathy Bates a high five too but thankfully she's still with us!)

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd go back to about 10 years ago and ask my great grandma, "What watch are you talking about?" A few days before she died my grandma asked my mom "where's the watch?" My mom didn't know what watch she was talking about. A few months after she died, I had a very vivid dream about my grandma insisting that I wear a watch. My mom never told me about the watch conversation until I brought up my dream.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Too many to choose from! :lol:

I do have one that always sparked my curiosity....

I would love to somehow ask Henry VIII how it feels, that after all that effort to have your "precious" son, that it turned out your DAUGHTER ended up being the badass and grand successful ruler for 40 something years? :biggrin:

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Henry VIII had mental issues because of the mercury treatments he was getting for his leg. That guy was just pure evil, "Off with your head".

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I haven't figured out how to do those icon gizmos yet, but 'ditto'.
When you click on the "Reply" box, a bunch of icons show up. Choose the smiley face. This will open a box immediatel BELOW the reply box. You will have the choice of several subcategories. Just...click on the category you want, then on the emoji that says it best!:happycat: