Question of the Day, Wednesday, November 29, 2023

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning and Happy Whiskers Wednesday! :coolcat: When eating out at a restaurant some people like to order an appetizer before a meal and others like to order dessert afterwards. How about you?

WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE AN APPETIZER OR DESSERT?

I can’t lie, I take after my mom and love dessert. Something with dark chocolate or seasonal, e.g. pumpkin.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In general I'm more likely to order an appetizer than a dessert at a restaurant oddly enough, but I think it also depends on what kind of restaurant it is.

Chinese/sushi - give me some crab rangoon!
Crêpe place - dessert crêpes after the main course.

Most places I don't order either, though.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Appetizers for sure!

Eating out with my cousin this weekend was amazing. Her husband ordered calamari (which was REALLY good!!), chicken wings (which DD has requested for her next birthday), and fries (which were really tasty too). I’ve only had pizza and wings from that really before. Now I need to go back for more appetizers. :lol:

Ive ordered appetizers as my meal before at other places too. Sometimes they are just too good! And most restaurant desserts are just … nothing special.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I love desserts,without a doubt.But,I can have that just about any time.I really do enjoy a good appetizer,and if I'm full half way thru dinner,I just get a box and take the rest home.

xlynnbbyx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sometimes I get both if both are very appealing to me. But usually it depends where I go out to eat and what they have on the menu. But usually it’s always appetizers as I can get desert any time I want. But there are occasions I get both at the restaurant especially if it’s a buffet.