Question Of The Day - Wednesday, November 18th!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow....sorry I'm so late! And sorry I missed last week too. I've been working every Wednesday (and will be next Wednesday too) so I haven't been able to get here to post. I will try to get here before work next Wednesday, but sometimes (like today) my mornings are SO hectic!

Here's a late Question Of The Day...

What is the last song that you had stuck in your head?

Everyone at work knows that I absolutely HATE THE CHICKEN DANCE...so they sing it especially for me at least once a month. They sang it for me Monday, and I just can't get it out of my head now!!!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nice question Kelly Jo...

It took me more than weeks to quite from my mind this song my friend...

Isobel from bjork
is a really great song but I have on my mind those violins, those horns for weeks my friend...
, and until this moment for me an misterious instrument that I still not complete identify by my self sound on the song!...

Great question, it works the wait of today!..

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Strange thing -- I often have an earworm, but not at the moment, and not for the last several days, so I really can't think what the last one was...

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay.....once you read this, forget you saw me actually write it:

The theme song from iCarly.

Granted, it's a kids' show, and I'm pretty old, but I find the show strangely engaging, and there's some good ensemble work from the cast. It gets really silly, but I usually have it on in the background when I'm getting dinner ready, and after a long day, it's sort of nice to empty my head with silliness.

And the theme song is very catchy.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Beatles' Dear Prudence

Might possibly be because I've had Across The Universe in the DVD player on a loop for the last three weeks...

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been a mix of Hypocrisy - Hang Him High (which seems to be a song about Robert Kuklinski) and Hypocrisy's cover of Evil Invaders (originally by Razor). The songs are similar so it keeps flipping back and forth.

alicatjoy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I constantly have songs going through my head. And, most of the time, I can't get them out no matter how hard I try. I guess it's kind of like asking someone not to think about zebras and then all they can do is think about zebras. I don't know...that came out wrong

The song I have going through my head right now is the jingle for PetSmart. Today was my first day back since my appendectomy and all I can think about is the track they play over and over at the store. Doo do doo do doo doo, doo do doo! It's seriously been playing non stop since I got home. Nothing like a lullaby to help me sleep tonight -- ha ha!

Also, I have the silly little songs I sing my dogs and kitties in my head. But, trust me when I say that those are better off swimming in my head -- you should be thankful that I'll spare you

Good question. It was certainly better late than ever!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Dont Worry"(?) Bob Marley ... a guy I work with has it as his ringtone and his phone was going off when he was in the room - now its in my head, AGHHH.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ive been listening to Ladyhawke a lot lately and had her song "Back of the Van" in my head last night.
Rigel, that's funny about Bjork. I'm sure there's a few instruments she uses that no one else has ever heard of!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Rigel, that's funny about Bjork. I'm sure there's a few instruments she uses that no one else has ever heard of!
right Wendy,...I´m hooked with this one, I show you this other presentation on JAPAN!..
...enjoy, sounds different than the other....

shes very dedicate with this about the instruments
Whatch the Triangle..(near to the arp)...
did you know how is called?...I´m not

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
You'll never believe this...but it's The British Grenadier! I've been whistling it all day. Just don't tell the members of my 18th C. Continental reenacting unit--they'll tar and feather me!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Until a few moments ago, I've had one after another of Dire Straits songs rattling around my head this morning. But there's a Haydn symphony on the radio right now that's kind of taken over.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm answering late...

Mine happens to be whatever was the last song I heard on the radio or that my husband sang. Even two or three words or notes can get a song stuck in my head. I have a song in my head almost ALL day long. My husband's favorite game with me is walking past me and whistling a couple notes to see if he can get it stuck in my head. Even if I don't consciously hear it, I will still start singing it.

Right now I have Hard Kind of Lover stuck in my head b/c that is what was on the radio when I pulled into the garage a few minutes ago.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There was one episode of "without a trace" that had the most haunting music I had ever heard.It stuck in my head for months until I finally sat down at the computer and tried to find it...and actually did!It's called "one of these mornings" and it's by Moby,on his Moby 18 cd.I found a used copy on amazon and bought it for cheap,and it turned out to be a great cd.You can listen to exerpts from the whole cd if you go to amazon music and type in Moby 18.It's awesome!

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Who let the dogs out... I was burning a cd for a dog event tomorrow and had that on there. And its stuck... very stuck