Question of the Day, Wednesday, May 31, 2023

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've had physical therapy for several problems (knee injuries comes right to mind) and it helped a lot in all cases...except one.

Last year I was suffering horrible, life altering shoulder pain - turned out, after many months of doctors going back and forth what the problem was and having been sent to way too many useless PE visits, that it was frozen shoulder. All the PE I did was for other arm problems!

Anyway, once the insurance company ok'd an MRI, which showed exactly what it was, I was sent for a guided ultrasound injection which literally took the pain away completely within 24 hours. I was told it could wear off eventually. I just crossed into month #3, and it is starting to bother me again but not like before so I'm holding off from asking for another injection until it's really necessary.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't realize how disabling a shoulder issue can be until I had it. A steroid injection in the shoulder is normally used for what I had but I wasn't going to chance it with contaminated steroid around and they hadn't tracked down where it was coming from. Turned out it was a compounding pharmacy here in the U.S.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't realize how disabling a shoulder issue can be until I had it. A steroid injection in the shoulder is normally used for what I had but I wasn't going to chance it with contaminated steroid around and they hadn't tracked down where it was coming from. Turned out it was a compounding pharmacy here in the U.S.
Wasn't that like 10 years ago?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wasn't that like 10 years ago?
That sounds about right. It was a fungal infection and there was no treatment to clear it out of the system. There were treatments that would control it and people said that those treatments weren't at all pleasant. I wasn't going to risk it.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I had it for my shoulder 3 years ago, and it helped. I only went twice a week, but I had to do exercises at home for 6 weeks, 5 days a week.