Question of the Day, Wednesday, May 15, 2024

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning and Happy Whiskers Wednesday! :lovecat2: Technology has changed so many habits for us. It used to be if you wanted to communicate with someone you picked up the phone. 📱 Now people text, e-mail, iMessage, FaceTime, Zoom, etc. If I’m home I still call someone on my phone but if I’m out or just have a quick comment I text. I don't like when people text an entire novel to me. How about you?

WHAT’S YOUR PREFERRED FORM OF COMMUNICATION?

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to be in a group where we'd have very long emailed conversations. Given we lived in different countries, and this was before chats were a thing, speaking live was never going to be possible.

These days I only really converse with my sister by email or phone, and either is fine. I see my friends and acquaintances at knitting once a week, and we'll drop short texts very occasionally to arrange things. I don't much care for texting, because when people use something like iMessage rather than SMS I don't receive it - I don't have wifi or the hotspot on my phone turned on very often. I prefer a phone call or an email. With two friends who are in another city, we chat once a month by video call. I like that, except stupid Whatsapp still doesn't work on iPad, so it's on my tiny phone screen.

alysker

(Alice) Girl with a cat
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My main preference will always be just straight up face to face communication. But if it has to be digital I like texting the most, unless it's about something serious then I'd rather call.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even though I'm partially deaf, I still prefer verbal communication, face to face. I hate using a phone for that reason, so texting is my electronic choice.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Face to face is always nice,but it doesn't happen much here.Mostly I use the phone,but on occasion I will send a text....email on occasion.

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My preference over time has changed from texting to phone calls. Texting for quick confirmations/discussions and for logistics. Any more substantial conversations are done via phone calls if can't be face to face.

IzzysfureverMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Probably email followed by phone calls. Phone calls definitely for things like a death or conversation for people you have a close relationship with.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Margot Lane Margot Lane . I agree letter writing is truly a lost art. My aunt who passed just last week wrote beautiful letters. It was like she was sitting right next to you. I have every one she ever sent me. I guess there is no going back. It's a shame though because they are so special.
I think you can go back. Just have to make the effort.….and it’s nice to get something in the mail that‘s personal.

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Phone calls. Texts that go on for days, back and forth, that could have been a 3-5 minute phone call.... no. That's ridiculous.