Question of the Day, Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I drink coffee first thing and I have started to have another cup about six hours later. I like chocolate very much, but I worry about the cadmium and lead in it more than the caffeine. No soft drinks.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One cup of high-octane coffee every morning (or I get a headache).
Sometimes we'll go on an iced tea kick and we'll have iced tea during the day, also high octane.
3 - 4 glasses of high octane Pepsi a week.

I used to drink diet soda (Mt. Dew was the only diet soda I could stand), but my doctor pleaded with me to stay away from it. He said he'd rather see me drinking a two-liter bottle of regular soda every day than one can of diet soda. And he was serious. No, I don't drink that much soda, but I haven't had a diet drink in years.
Coffee. Preferably dark roast
Iced tea. Hot tea on occasion.
Dark chocolate

BIL and I have been trying to tell FIL how bad diet soda is for a long time but he refuses to listen. I rarely drink soda at all. When I do it's a real sugar Pepsi which is so much better than the stuff with high fructose corn syrup. Mexican Coke is also a nice treat occasionally. It's also made with real sugar.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
BIL and I have been trying to tell FIL how bad diet soda is for a long time but he refuses to listen
I have never been able to get used to the taste of diet soda. A number of years ago I began reading about how bad diet drinks are. When I only read it in one or two places I ignore something but when I start seeing it in place after place then I know there is something to it.

One of the most interesting things I have read is that it has the opposite effect as far as controlling weight. It actually is sweeter than sugar soda so it effects your 'sweet tooth', things have to be sweeter to register as sweet. There is also the psychological component, I am having a diet soda so I can eat more. People often end up actually taking in more calories than if they drank sugared soda.

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I drink 2 cups of hot coffee every morning. I enjoy hot green tea with local honey in the spring to help with my allergies and when I'm sick. I hate iced coffee and tea! I do eat chocolate sometimes. I've lost my taste for soda though. I'd rather drink water or lemonade.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
One cup of high-octane coffee every morning (or I get a headache).
:yeah: Me too! I'm conditioned to having a cup of coffee in the morning.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I drink decaffeinated tea and caffeine-free diet Pepsi. I can't stand coffee. I guess chocolate, which I occasionally induldge in, has some caffeine. Also soda drinks if they only have diet. Some doctor told me a long time ago to cut out caffeine. A while back, I started drinking a fancy breakfast tea that did have caffeine and started to have problems with my heart racing. I went to the cardiologist who did an ekg, which was fine, so I went back to the caffeine-free tea and the problem went away.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Coffee and tea. I don't think I overdo it though. I have a cup of coffee in the morning which has milk in it (which I frequently don't finish) and a few glasses of plain cold tea during the daytime.
I've recently gotten into drinking matcha but that's not an every day thing.
Rarely Coca Cola. I try to stay away from soda in general.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have never been able to get used to the taste of diet soda. A number of years ago I began reading about how bad diet drinks are. When I only read it in one or two places I ignore something but when I start seeing it in place after place then I know there is something to it.

One of the most interesting things I have read is that it has the opposite effect as far as controlling weight. It actually is sweeter than sugar soda so it effects your 'sweet tooth', things have to be sweeter to register as sweet. There is also the psychological component, I am having a diet soda so I can eat more. People often end up actually taking in more calories than if they drank sugared soda.
Yup. Same here. To FIL though no calories equals healthy.

On rare occasions I will get a Coke from McDonald's because theirs is the best fountain Coke around. I've read that it's supposed to be because they get their syrup in metal canisters but Mcd's employees have shut that rumor down. DD worked in one and said that they used the same syrup bags that other chains use so it's a mystery. Maybe they use a higher carbonation.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Coffee, tea, snd chocolate are the big ones. I'm mostly drinking decaf right now, but there's still a bit of caffeine in it.

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have auto-ship Black Rifle Coffee Co -- two bags per month. I can drink 4-6 cups of coffee in a given day. (I have also been known to say on Sunday, after church when I'm eating breakfast "I'm going to go take my nap as soon as I finish my coffee")

I do not do de-caf coffee.