Question of the Day, Wednesday, June1, 2022

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Happy first day of June! :happycat: Sometimes I feel like the things I have to do over and over again, week in and week out, are so monotonous. The laundry is one of them. No matter how many times I do it there's always more that follows and it never ends. :frustrated: My husband feels this way about mowing the lawn and one of my daughters feels this way about paying bills. Whether day to day, week to week, month to month, etc. everyone has something they don't like to do.

QUESTION OF THE DAY -
WHAT IS ONE OR MORE THINGS YOU DO OVER AND OVER AGAIN THAT YOU DON'T LIKE TO DO?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Mowing the lawn. At this time of the year I need to mow every four or five days and it takes about an hour. It is a self propelled mower but you still use your arms to control it so it’s really tiring. It looks so nice when it’s done but three days later it looks like it needs to be done again.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Man, I was JUST thinking this! Laundry, deffo. Paying anything. But I will say, the reward is getting it done, so you can have a nice cuppa black decaf (Oops! wrong thread!). :) PS: …As for weeding, mulch helps! Be it wood chips, straw…anything.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Scrubbing the bathroom and weeding. Crab grass is such a pain!! I've been out there pulling tiny weeds before they can take off from my little narrow side bed where I have the sunflowers and cosmos sprouting too.

I go back and forth about washing the dishes. I think the part I dislike so much is getting everyone to scrape and rinse their plates. Or bring then to the sink instead of leaving it on the stove or the counter or anywhere but scraped, rinsed and next to the sink or even better inside the dishwasher! :angrywoman: I always hated hand washing dishes; but sometimes it's not so bad if everything else is under control.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
pulling weeds.
I swear they come out of nowhere. No sooner do I pull weeds when they're back before you know it and they multiply! :headshake:

But I will say, the reward is getting it done, so you can have a nice cuppa black decaf (Oops! wrong thread!).
Yes, wrong thread but that's ok, it's always nice to reward yourself with a cup of java. ☕

dusting. ugh! I can dust and an hour later I need to dust again!!
I agree. :agree: Dusting is a royal pain. No matter how well you dust it sneaks up on you.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, so many of you said you hate doing laundry. You don't know how lucky you are not to be banned from using the washing machine. But someday I will get out of here...

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Idk shaving? That's pretty annoying to do.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think one of the chores I dislike straight across the board is mopping floors..I almost never get to enjoy the fact that they're done and clean.Between little paw prints across the floor,or one of the dogs.We've had so much rain there are doggie prints almost immediately.Ah well...I guess it gives me something to do!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I do not like:

- Folding clean clothes
- ironing
- Scooping Barley's poop (because of all my cats, his poop smells the worst)
- Washing dishes

I can clean, mop and vacuum the house all day but not the above.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my meds must be taken at around the same time nightly and it doesn't
matter how hard I try I seem to miss taking it at the proper time.

DownTheLane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Administrative jobs. writing up reports, keeping track of hours worked and declaring costs/distance travelled. I hate not being able to do stuff like that in bulk, it feels like such a chore, even if it only takes 15 minutes total

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My most Unpleasant Job is vacuuming the house. As it's usually needed on a daily basis because of Cat Hair. Though I procrastinate as much as possible In doing the vacuuming. What's A little Cat hair anyway. 2nd unpleasantness is Cleaning the two litter boxes. I clean them about every other day.