Question Of The Day, Wednesday, July 4, 2018

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
*ear perk* dog show? =)

Sounds like fun!!!! What kind of events did they have?
That's how we get our doggie fix since our shepherd passed away a few years ago. We've been going every year since our kids were little and it's a family tradition. They have a great turnout, pet store vendors donate prizes and two veterinary specialty centers participate with booths and information.

They have a contest with various categories from, tallest dog to smallest, longest to shortest tail, best dog trick, dog and owner look alike, etc. I made friends with a handsome german shepherd therapy dog and will try to post a pic for you later.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's how we get our doggie fix since our shepherd passed away a few years ago. We've been going every year since our kids were little and it's a family tradition. They have a great turnout, pet store vendors donate prizes and two veterinary specialty centers participate with booths and information.

They have a contest with various categories from, tallest dog to smallest, longest to shortest tail, best dog trick, dog and owner look alike, etc. I made friends with a handsome german shepherd therapy dog and will try to post a pic for you later.
That's awesome! I had a German Shep when I was a kid =) The breed is one I'm fond of, but most I know have very high prey drives and don't always work the best in cat house holds. =(

Not our Shep but when I was a kid I had a little dog about 10-15 pounds I showed in a show like that, and his trick was silly and we got second place. I don't even remember what we did, but I remember being so proud of that.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not doing anything. I've been working on reading some books I checked out from work but I keep falling asleep. Now I'm watching some movies.
What books?
I have a "to read" list that's piling high.
When the weather turns south in 2 months or so...I'll dig them out. Nothing beats a good book, a winter storm, a fire place and 2,000 cats in your lap =)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
That's awesome! I had a German Shep when I was a kid =) The breed is one I'm fond of, but most I know have very high prey drives and don't always work the best in cat house holds. =(
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 We really lucked out with our shepherd but that's because we had a feisty torbie who thought she was a dog too. ;)

Here's a pic of the german shepherd therapy dog from the show today as promised.
Deefield Days gsd.jpg

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 We really lucked out with our shepherd but that's because we had a feisty torbie who thought she was a dog too. ;)

Here's a pic of the german shepherd therapy dog from the show today as promised.
View attachment 240112
His likeness is like my old childhood dog...wow!!! Makes me want one again!! :redheartpump:
Thanks for the picture, he's one gorgeous guy.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What books?
I have a "to read" list that's piling high.
When the weather turns south in 2 months or so...I'll dig them out. Nothing beats a good book, a winter storm, a fire place and 2,000 cats in your lap =)
Today I read the book The Nutshell Studies of Unexplained Deaths. It was about this woman who created these miniature crime scenes for soon-to-be-detectives to learn crime scenes. I'm starting The Polygamist's Daughter tonight and yesterday I finished The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm British so we don't normally celebrate over here; though there was a programme on TV about American presidents that aired in connection to the 4th of July and I tuned into it in the evening.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our town did the 4th thing over the weekend. Most of my neighbors are not stupid enough to set off fireworks out here. I only worry about one, and they live about 3/4 mile away. Not too worried about the 'boom', more worried that we are still in Stage 3 fire restrictions. I'm hoping they aren't too big of idiots (although past actions show otherwise).

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i stayed indoors, just a quiet evening with my cats! :D i could hear the semi-local fireworks display late in the evening, but the windows were closed (way too hot last night) and so my three weren't concerned about the very muffled sound of the fireworks. :purr: