Question of the Day, Wednesday, January 17, 2024

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning and Happy Whiskers Wednesday! Carleton’s whiskers are a little chilly from the cold weather here. :coldcat: Hope everyone is safe and stays warm.

I bought a new 2024 calendar of Grumpy Cat and love it. I always buy the weekly planner because I can jot down notes, appointments, meetings, etc. and save them in case I need to look up a date or phone number. I know some people use the calendar app on their phone but I prefer a physical one.

DO YOU USE A CALENDAR AND WHAT TYPE?

IMG_2230.jpeg

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Not since I retired. I used to buy my own large desk calendar at work and it always had some kind of cats. I also kept a date planner for appts and such. Since I retired, there's no need.

I write down dr appts and such on a Post-it and stick it to the fridge! I guess my fridge is my calendar! :)

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No, but I need one! DH and I bought a regular college style notebook specifically for our appointment schedule. It was working so well. Then, it disappeared. DH can't walk by a notebook without eventually claiming it for his own and writing complicated math in it. It's like living with that dude from "A Beautiful Mind" except he doesn't write all over the walls. Or see imaginary people, which is kind of a spoiler if you haven't seen the movie.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I always have multiple wall calendars but I also use my phone.

I have a Simon’s Cat one in the school area this year. My dressing room has one from an organization I support I have a local store’s one with flowers to hang. DS got a Garfield one for Christmas. I got DD one with really nice photos from space.

I keep appointments and recurring things on my phone. But I like having birthdays and Mooch’s transdermal med on the paper calendar. I can just glance and be sure I’m putting it on the right ear. The phone is good when DD, DH and I share events.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wall Calendar so I can keep track of my appointments. I do know how to do it on the phone, but just jotting it on the calendar is easy enough and I see what's coming up when I walk past (it's by the door to the garage). It's a free one I picked up somewhere.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I do use multiple calendars. There is a wall calendar of cats for birthdays and other special days, a small planner in my purse that I can take out at doctor's offices and other service establishments to make sure of available dates, and an engagement calendar. I keep those from year to year, within reason, to check back on dates.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always had a wall calendar of some sort,whether it was cats or doxies.They've jacked the prices on them so high,I just print my own these days and it works just fine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It's like living with that dude from "A Beautiful Mind" except he doesn't write all over the walls. Or see imaginary people, which is kind of a spoiler if you haven't seen the movie.
I loved that movie about Dr. John Nash. It was bittersweet and I felt so bad for him at times. :frown:

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
neely neely I loved it, too. I felt angry and sad when people made fun of him.

For anyone who is looking for an inexpensive wall or appointment calendar, Dollar General had some pretty ones that were really cheap. I am assuming there is a Dollar General on every street corner like there is here. :lol:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I do use multiple calendars. There is a wall calendar of cats for birthdays and other special days, a small planner in my purse that I can take out at doctor's offices and other service establishments to make sure of available dates, and an engagement calendar. I keep those from year to year, within reason, to check back on dates.
I have a separate appointment book at work, so if I have an important appointment scheduled through personal matters, I can jot it down there as well. If I put it in three separate places (my phone, the work calendar, and my personal calendar) odds are only 50% I'll completely forget. :doh:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Before I retired, my Outlook calendar ran my life. Now, if it’s not in my iPhone/iPad calendar (with alerts), it doesn’t happen. I won’t remember it.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used to have a huge desk calendar at one job because there were so many things going òn. I had other calendars for backup or specific duties so I didn't miss anything.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use both a Calendar and a Planner. Before I retired is strictly used a Calendar to jot remainders down. Now I primarily use a Desk Planner.