Question of the Day, Wednesday, January 10, 2024

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning and Happy Whiskers Wednesday! :angelcat:

The three things I share most with Carleton are my bed, the couch and my bathroom. The bathroom is not that big but his litter box is so when he kicks litter out I’m forever using the dust buster to clean it up. He has also coveted my favorite spot on the family room couch. But I don’t mind because he comes first and what’s mine is his. :winkcat:

WHAT DO YOU SHARE WITH YOUR CAT(S)?
Fill in the blank: I share my ______________ with my cat(s).

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Geoffrey and Artie, before him, has pretty much free rein thought out the apartment. It is really impossible to keep them off of things when you are not there to monitor their actions.

The only things I try to keep Geoffrey off of are: kitchen counters, my table, and the top of the kitchen cabinets. He once missed his footing-- or slipped when he was jumping down from the top of the cabinet, hitting the floor and my metal wastebasket. I have now used that are as a storage space-- to keep him from jumping up there and hurting himself.

I am pretty fortunate that he does not jump on top of my fireplace, or hutches.

Geoffrey has taken over my bedroom as HIS room, and my bed as HIS bed.. and my lap as HIS....

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I share my couch blankets, my couch, my laundry room and my son. She really thinks he belongs to her! Sometimes she even yells at me for making him do school work at his desk or the table! :lol: Having him sleep on the couch with her during he power outage last night probably sealed the deal for her. :lol:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I share the bed with Willow although a pillow keeps us separate because she doesn’t like to touch or be touched. With Lola I share a table. She loves to sprawl out next to me, looking for belly rubs, laying across my puzzle, knocking things off the table and generally making a pest of herself.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They can go most places except for the kitchen table, my desk, my clothes totes, kitchen sink, counter, appliances. Dad let's them lay on his desk though. They don't really get on the beds much. They prefer couch and chairs.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There really isn't anything I don't share with mine.I do draw the line at my linen closet,though,which is why I try and keep them from going in the bathroom.They love to get in it,and yes ,it's latched but they've figured that out, and toss out all my washcloths and pillow cases.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I do draw the line at my linen closet,though,which is why I try and keep them from going in the bathroom.They love to get in it,and yes ,it's latched but they've figured that out, and toss out all my washcloths and pillow cases.
Smart cats! :wink:
I keep my bedroom closet closed because Carleton must think I have buried catnip in there.:lol: He's forever trying to sneak in whenever he sees me open it.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Smart cats! :wink:
I keep my bedroom closet closed because Carleton must think I have buried catnip in there.:lol: He's forever trying to sneak in whenever he sees me open it.
Oh I know how that goes!Mine do the same thing with mine...it's forbidden to them as well!One time someone snuck in ...not sure how long she was in there but she was yowling to get out.... she had done enough climbing that there was quite a bit of clothing off the hangers,needing to be washed.